Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 43,320 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Tip us?

joplin48
Old
(Last edited by joplin48; 14th March 2011 at 06:20 AM.) Reason: Change heading
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Question Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Sony Xperia Arc: vs Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm really interested in the Arc due to the fact it has Autofocus/Hdmi/Takes excellent pictures in low light plus great pictures in general. The Video is very smooth/clear. You can run mutiple apps without lag. It comes loaded with 2.3. Must important of all it has clear/loud/incredible sound whether using the media player or talking on the phone or using the speaker phone.It has a great screen with vivid colors.
Just because its a single core processor does not make it slow. This is the same processor that the Desire HD uses.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that the Samsung S2 is not a good phone.
Here are my thoughts
-Dual core processors are brand new(1st generation)
-it will take awhile for them to prove themselves
-how long will updates take
-it will take awhile for developers to develop games/apps for dual core phones
-not everyone needs or uses the power of dual-core processor

Final Thoughts
At the end of the day I want a phone that I can clearly talk on/play the odd game/listen to music. Play utube stuff/watch videos without lag/surf the internet the odd time/take some picts/odd video.
Im not into heavy graphics/rpg games/editing movies or pictures.
I believe that Arc can do all the above and more.
To me Dual core is overkill for me for now. Besides at the end of the year we'll have Quad Core phones.

Tell me your honest opinions on the Arc/Vs Samsung Galaxy S2.

Thanks
Joplin

pippenchan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For me is just easy, if heavy for game play, I go for Xperia Play. If not, I go for Xperia Arc.

Because I hate the out shape design of the Galaxy S, it's too similar to iPhone, even the UI.

Arc out shape design is too great!!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

refract
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Gaming is fine on Arc, too. The screen is more than huge enough to support gaming via touch.

As for topic, I'd go for Arc, considering as you said, dualcore won't matter for at least next 2-3 quartals, and even not then as well.

It's a experimental area, phones don't really need dual core stuff just yet imo.

MJ_QaT
Old
Thanks Meter 26
In the end it's not about what people tell you
It's about what you want
For me i'm going with Arc, it has everything I want in it

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

wickedrami
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This sub forum will tend to be full of people who are genuinely interested in the Arc. If you wan't some interesting opinions you should open the same thread in the galaxy s2 sub forum.

MJ_QaT
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrami View Post
This sub forum will tend to be full of people who are genuinely interested in the Arc. If you wan't some interesting opinions you should open the same thread in the galaxy s2 sub forum.
Of course, why would someone hate SG2 go to their section and waste everybody's time :P
Same goes here

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

refract
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrami View Post
Well some people are actually genuinely unbiased.

It's just a mobile phone, also, strictly speaking, you'll milk more out of Arc than SG2 with your money for the time being. But on the end, everything falls down to preference. Dual-core won't make that much difference for the time being, plus I'd imagine it rapes your battery life faster. On another side, SG2, if the dual-core CPU actually matters much, is the smarter choice here. Again, proving my point that personal preference is all, I've seen some people picking up inferior phones just because of brand or it's looks ( cough cough iPhone )

Pick what you like, is the best answer you can get on these forums.

joplin48
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Sony Xperia Arc vs Samsung Galaxy S2

I appreciate all the positive feedback.

Thanks
Greg

wickedrami
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by refract View Post

It's just a mobile phone, also, strictly speaking, you'll milk more out of Arc than SG2 with your money for the time being. But on the end, everything falls down to preference. Dual-core won't make that much difference for the time being, plus I'd imagine it rapes your battery life faster. On another side, SG2, if the dual-core CPU actually matters much, is the smarter choice here. Again, proving my point that personal preference is all, I've seen some people picking up inferior phones just because of brand or it's looks ( cough cough iPhone )

Easy fella. It was a joke. Ofcourse at the end of the day it's all down to personal preference.

Back to the topic. I'll go for the arc because I am a sucker for eye candy!

END_OF_FLESH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by refract View Post

Just throwing my .02 in... I'm returning my Atrix within the next week or so due to Motorola locking down the bootloader and Designgears calling it a lost cause... but I figured I'd just throw it out there that the Atrix with the Tegra 2 (dual core) CRUSHES any other phone I've EVER owned in the last 6 years on the battery life. If the bootloader wasn't signed I'd drop Cyanogenmod 7 onto it and be a happy camper for the next 2 years (Tegra 3... mmmmm...)