Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CDMA][7/23/11]SleekSense-1.0 (Uv,Apps2sd+, Other tweaks)

Tip us?

2fast4u88
Old
(Last edited by 2fast4u88; 30th July 2011 at 04:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default [ROM][CDMA][7/23/11]SleekSense-1.0 (Uv,Apps2sd+, Other tweaks)

SleekSense-1.0 Officially Stable

Caution this rom uses a new format unlike any other rom. Which means it requires a ext partition. If you do not have one it will not boot and/or install. To see how to do one read the install section.

SleekSense has took a new approach. Instead of being themed like before. It is now has very little themeing. This is was done to keep the sense look more. Though it does have some themeing (Check the screenshots). SleekSense is built from the uscc froyo ruu with features you will love. On stock sense you have something around 100mb free. With this rom you will have 240mb free on boot. This doesn't seem like a lot but it also supports darktremors apps2sd+. Which means take angry birds for exmample is like 10mb. Around 8mb of it will be installed to the ext partition with 2mb on the internal memory. If so some how manage to run out of memory dalvik cache can be moved to the sd card. Though by default this wasn't done. The main reason is it slows the rom down to a crawl if on the stock card. If on a higher class card it can be enabled.

This also packs things not in any other rom. For a short list of what this has over any other sense rom here we go. Supports undervolting, powersave govenor, conservative govenor, cfq scheduler, ram optimization tweaks, perflock disabler, zipalign on boot, screen state scaling, reboot options, bloatware removed and numerous other things. Check below screenshot for a full feature list.

Any way on to the screenshots:

Things Removed:
Uscc boot animation and boot sound.
Stock bookmarks & homepage (Homepage is defaulted to google)
Toneroom
My Contacts Backup
CityId
Some different languages out of the frameworks (English is fully supported)
Unused images and codes out of the frameworks
Basically debloated but all the features of sense is still there (From the widgets to the live wallpapers)

What is Done/Added:
Dodexed entire rom to allow themeing
Optipnd'd almost the whole rom
Framework optimizations
Prerooted
Init.d support
Busybox
Nano
Bash
Apps people may not use or updates moved to data (AdobFlashplayer, AdobeReader, Facebook, OiFileManager, Gmail, Maps, Myspace, QuickOffice, Street, YourNavigator and Youtube)
Darktremors apps2sd+ with dalvik to sd-ext on boot disabled
Able to be undervolted now (Uses almost the exact voltages of my vork kernel)
More govenors now (PowerSave & Interactive)
Default scheduler changed to Cfq
Perflock on boot disabled
ZipAlign on boot (First boot will be sort of slow as it checks and zipaligns apk's. From then on it remembers what ones were done and only zip aligns ones that have been installed)
Screenstate scaling of cpu to save battery life
Backlight Settings tweaked along with backlight on buttons tweaked (Little bit dimmer to & backlights on buttons do not stay on unless on the lowest screen setting saving battery life)
Build prop tweaks to conserve battery and increase speed
Ram optimizations to futher more conserve battery and increase speed (Do not run a task killer it will only mess it up. Multitasking should greatly be increased.)
Custom boot animation (Though it likes to run on the bit fast side and booting not always fast)
0-100 percent battery mod
G4 sense themed icons for the status bar
Transparency enabled overall (For ones unaware froyo/sense does not have transparency enabled on certain system files. So this was enabled)
Transparent pull down with a little tweaking
Location Icon on taskbar is no longer there for no reason.
Popups themed to match sense overall colors and a few icons.
5 row app drawer with transparent background
Apps that require updates moved to data
All system apps moved to ext partition (This allows of live wallpapers and wallpapers to be kept with out hurting for space)
Some other things were also moved to ext. For a explanation on why this was done. Check the why dalvik was left internal with no data2sd.
Market cache for downloads mounted to ram upon downloading and installing. Once installed is is automatically deleted. Which means the only sense rom with 100% working cmtd.
Cmtd setup and fully working.
Before I forget reboot options (Reboot, Reboot to recovery & a few more)
Probably forgetting some stuff also. Once I remember I will update.

Why the rom was done like it was with no data2sd or dalvik moved:
Ok the rom was done like it was for a few reasons. One was for increased memory. Two was for speed. Three was for no dead sd cards. Followed by 4 was to help battery life. With that said we go to data2sd. Data2sd works by moving the data partition to a a sd-ext partition. There is a few different versions. Real data2sd kills cards quick due to reads and writes. Kali's data2sd is a knock off of darktremors apps2sd+. It moves the data/app and data/app-private to sdext. Same thing as darktremors apps2sd+. Darktremor's apps2sd packs more features from zip align, memory tweaking and other things. This should not cause lag like claimed. What will is enabling dalvik-cache to ext. Kali's doesn't support this. So kali's data2sd or darktremors apps2sd+ with out dalvik moved will not be that hard on a card at all.

Now with dalvik moved in darktremor's it causes lag and major read and writes to the sd card. Due to it moves system dalvik. Anytime you open a app or do something it reads and writes to the sd card. This causes battery drain and bottlenecks also. So what I did was a better alternative, since dalvik moved frees up space but causes lag. I left dalvik internal, moving system apps and a few other things to ext partitions. Then creating blind mounts. This allowed me not to remove anything like before or enable dalvik. Yet give the same free space 240mb to be exact. So you get the speed and space. Best of both worlds right?

The other thing is with anything sd-ext. Sd cards have a number of limited reads and writes. Some fail sooner and later. It just depends on the card. With that said the process done is very easy on the sd card.

Files to download:
SleekSense-1.0 Stable Click Here

Install instructions:
1. You need to have cwm 3 or above to install this. For working recoverys that will work with this rom check here Click Here Once you have that proceed.

2. Follow this step if you don't have a ext partition setup (If previously using apps2sd or data2sd you should have one. So please skip to step 3.)
First you need to back up your card sd card. This means mount your sd card on your computer, creating a folder. Then copying the contents of the sd card to the folder. Once this is done reboot phone into recovery. Once you do that go to advanced>partition sd-card. Pick you sizes for your partitions. I use 1024m/0m. Once that is done reboot your phone.

3. So once booted back into your rom. Copy the files you backup back over. The open the SleekSense-1.0.zip. Extract the contents to the root of the card. This means the sleeksense folder should be in the main directory. Along with the mtdpart text file in the root. If you had one before please replace it. Once done reboot to recovery again.

4. Go to Install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>SleekSense>SleekSense-recovery. Once installed go to Advanced>Reboot Recovery. Once recovery reboots it would be a good idea to do wipe data/factory reset. After the wipe is complete proceed below.

5. Go to Install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>SleekSense>SleekSense-SleekSense-Rc1. Once it installs and prompts you to reboot. Do reboot system now with in recovery. Now it will take a bit to boot the first time. The htc screen will stay on for about a min to two. Then you will see a android boot animation. It will also stay on this for awhile. Don't worry if it isn't booting right away. Now if 10mins have passed and you still are in the ui. Then redo the above steps for flashing the rom. No need to reformat the card. Just make sure you do a full wipe.

6. If it booted in the ui. Follow the setup wizard and you are good to go.

For any problems you encounter, have a question or anything else. Please post them at the following link: Click Here or post in the thread here. If I don't get to your post in a day you can pm me on here and ask me to check.

Credits:

Darktremor for his apps2sd
dsixda for use of his kitchen
The maker of apktool
Boot animation & some icons pulled from uot kitchen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2fast4u88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gkaipale
Old
Thanks Meter 19
It doesn't work mate...It doesnt boot

b3ndik
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaipale View Post
It doesn't work mate...It doesnt boot

Do you have a cdma desire?
Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
HTC Desire -> HTC Sensation -> HTC Sensation XE -> Samsung Galaxy Note II -> Google Nexus 4 -> Nexus 5

gkaipale
Old
Thanks Meter 19
You are right...I missed it...No, is there any other than CDMA?

gkaipale
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I have visited your site, good work, i rarely see CDMA posts, more of them are GSM and i missed it. Thanks anyway.

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Yea this is only for the cdma desire. Was there something you wanted possibly I could help you out with?

gkaipale
Old
Thanks Meter 19
No, i just wanted a new rom and this one looked good.

leadfoot9281
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Will this work without ext3? I have my card partitioned already for Dtapps2sd since that's what I know how to use lol. Second question is do we have a custom kernel yet?

Sent from my desire with SWYPE sorry bout the spelling
Cellular South
HTC Desire CDMA
2fast4u's Sleek Sense
Kernel: still nothing custom

zac_haryy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello, I was wondering what the easiest way to put a ext3 partition on my sd card is? Is that all I need to do before installing this ROM and it will auto recognize the ext3 partition or am I thinking wrong here?

2fast4u88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Wait till later today as I am doing some changes on my forum so links will probably be down. I also fixed everything but a few of the icons that aren't themed.

I removed the modules as they don't work. The ones in the other rom doesn't either just a heads up on that. I am uploading the rc2 as I type but the links won't be up till later today.

As for the ext partition backup the contents of your card and do it from recovery following the instructions in my guide at the link. I don't recommend installing if you have a ext partition that you don't want to wipe. As if you don't wipe it. It will cause force closes.

You can make a backup of your partition say if you are using data2sd with cm7. Then wipe it as the partition will work with the rom. I plan to upload a non apps2sd and play with the data2sd scripts and upload one of those also. As for the custom kernel htc hasn't released the source though one may be built from mixing the cdma desire eclair with the cdma froyo kernel. Though I don't think it is worth the time to play with it. Not for me any way.

As running two sites doing a cm6,cm7 and froyo rom for the desire. Then roms for the mesmerize I don't honestly have enough free time.