Keyboard help...What's different about GB keyboard?

15th March 2011, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

453 posts
I have to say i don't love this keyboard and frankly it is hard to notice the diff between this and the one that was on here before i flashed GingerBlur ROM

I can't believe there's a Smiley face by default where i would prefer to have a Return key (there's not one there??)

am i missing something...what is everyone else using?

Coming from a hard kybd and having a tough time getting comfortable with the onscreen kybd still
15th March 2011, 01:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Quad Cities, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 269

1,811 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillsnik

I have to say i don't love this keyboard and frankly it is hard to notice the diff between this and the one that was on here before i flashed GingerBlur ROM

I can't believe there's a Smiley face by default where i would prefer to have a Return key (there's not one there??)

am i missing something...what is everyone else using?

Coming from a hard kybd and having a tough time getting comfortable with the onscreen kybd still

I agree, I think the gb keyboard is crap compaired to other options available. Also not really a fan of the launcher either :- (

Sent from my Nook Color on Honeycomb 1.1 OC
15th March 2011, 02:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

453 posts
so which kybd are you using?
15th March 2011, 02:59 AM   |  #4  
Flag Quad Cities, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 269

1,811 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillsnik

so which kybd are you using?

I use the new swype beta, really no complaints they made it more streamlined. Better keyboard is pretty good also. Thumb keyboard uses an interesting layout.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
15th March 2011, 06:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

128 posts
Have you tried using the multitouch GB keyboard from the Market aka "Keyboard from Android 2.3"? You can customize the size of the keys and the spacing. I tried to copy the dimensions of my iPhone4 keyboard spacing with it. I believe my settings are, from left to right, 85, 15, 15, 38.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illmatic416 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Clemson, SC
Thanks Meter: 19

133 posts
More
Personally I use Better Keyboard. I couldn't get used to swype for typing words like too / to so I went with a multitouch. Better keyboard has better autocorrect than stock or swiftkey, so that's what I went with. Unfortunately you can't turn off the haptic feedback without getting the pay version, but oh well.
17th March 2011, 04:19 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic416

Have you tried using the multitouch GB keyboard from the Market aka "Keyboard from Android 2.3"? You can customize the size of the keys and the spacing. I tried to copy the dimensions of my iPhone4 keyboard spacing with it. I believe my settings are, from left to right, 85, 15, 15, 38.

OMG this is so much better! Thanks.
17th March 2011, 05:50 AM   |  #8  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 28

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic416

i am using this keyboard and love it. how do you change the spacing? i went into the settings and under keyboard appearance every option is greyed out.
17th March 2011, 09:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Trescore Balneario (IT)
Thanks Meter: 8

46 posts
More
OMG....

I think I FU.. up

I did install the GB keyboard and the Multi-ling one as well...
Now I am in the situation that ALL my keyboards incl. the SWYPE keyboard have NO enter key but ALL have the "" smiley on the enter position ?????

How can I correct this????
Remove ALL keyboards? and reinstall???

To be honest I like the layout and skin on the GB board but to have no enter key is just ridiculous....???

Robert
17th March 2011, 05:43 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

199 posts
On 'Keyboard from android gingerbread'

if you hold the space bar and pull it up, arrows will appear at the bottom which allow you to move through your text for that one letter you mis-typed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Techcruncher For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread