Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring apps gone wrong - now rebooting constantly? plz help

Tip us?

djkoch
Old
(Last edited by djkoch; 15th March 2011 at 07:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Restoring apps gone wrong - now rebooting constantly? plz help

Hi there
I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes
Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot... [Bricked?]

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help

mirsalimov
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkoch View Post
Hi there
I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes
Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot...

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help
Try to hard reset, turn off your phone press volume - and power.
HTC: Qtek 2020(i), Qtek S100, Qtek 9000, MDA Vario, Mda Vario 2, HTCP3300, Diamond, G1, Magic, Hero, HD2, Desire HD.
Apple: iPhone 2g, iPhone 3g, iPhone 3GS, iPad.
Nokia: 7650, 3650, N-gage, N-gage QD, N73, N95, N95 8GB, N800, 5800, N900.
Sony Ericsson: P800, P900, X1.
Samsung: Innov8, Galaxy S.
Motorola: MPX200, MPX220
LG: Optimus 2x
Samsung: Galaxy S2

djkoch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the response... When I press power+volume down, the "unpacking box with android person" appears for a 20 seconds or so... the reboots and I'm back to rebooting constantly

When I try pressing volume down and home key/returnkey I can get in to S/W update mode, but I cant get the ADB to work?

Other suggestions?

gensplejs
Old
Thanks Meter 11
That's why its a bad idea to delete stock apps in the first place when we don't have custom recovery yet.

djkoch
Old
(Last edited by djkoch; 15th March 2011 at 07:05 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gensplejs View Post
That's why its a bad idea to delete stock apps in the first place when we don't have custom recovery yet.
It wasnt a problem when deleting them, and the phone was alright... it was when restoring through ADB it went wrong... I need a suggestion to get it fixed not an "I-told-you-so"

gensplejs
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yeah... sorry... i was kinda an ass.
But sadly I'm all out of ideas.

Maybe if we had a service manual (not user manual)

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

DocRambone
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,613

DONATE TO ME
Can you connect to phone by adb?
You need to clear dalvik cache.

djkoch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Doc
No... unfortunately I cant get ADB to work....
I can get into S/W update mode, but ADB doesnt work. I can get the Factory reset to begin too, but it just gets into the reboot circle again.

If there was just a way to get into ADB mode I could push every single file again

Damn... I hope it isn't bricked for good

xmoo
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,793

DONATE TO ME
If HR doesn't work. Just return for warrenty.

Cause if it reboots that a corrupted boot.img
Try to see if you can get alist of apps installed on phone.
If superuser.apk is not in there, return it for warrenty.
Follow me on Twitter

djkoch
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
In one of the reboots I think I had a glimse of a connection thru ADB acouple of times. I had approx. 10 seconds before rebooting again.

Did a list... and guess I saw a dir called "root" but didnt have time to get into the system/app directory...

If we can't find a solution I think I'll try to return the phone and hope for a new one without any question asked