[Q] Restoring apps gone wrong - now rebooting constantly? plz help

OP djkoch

15th March 2011, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

90 posts
Hi there
I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes
Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot... [Bricked?]

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help
Last edited by djkoch; 15th March 2011 at 07:36 PM.
15th March 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 22

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkoch

Hi there
I've unfortunately gotten a faulty devices and I'm suppose to get it switched with a new device. (another story about not being able to make calls, scrathing sound etc)

I've rooted my phone and it worked flawlessly, but today I wanted to un-root and would install the apps i've removed with root explorer. Therefore I downloaded a system/ dump and tried restoring the "app" directory in system/ with root explorer. This resulted in random force closes
Then I used "adb" su to copy all the app files from sdcard (where I copied the files from the dump) to the system/app directory. After a while it was done and I type reboot...

Now the phone keeps rebooting. Getting the LG logo with sound and afterwards the LG logo with progress bar... then rebooting...

I need help

Try to hard reset, turn off your phone press volume - and power.
15th March 2011, 06:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

90 posts
Thanks for the response... When I press power+volume down, the "unpacking box with android person" appears for a 20 seconds or so... the reboots and I'm back to rebooting constantly

When I try pressing volume down and home key/returnkey I can get in to S/W update mode, but I cant get the ADB to work?

Other suggestions?
15th March 2011, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 11

291 posts
More
That's why its a bad idea to delete stock apps in the first place when we don't have custom recovery yet.
15th March 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gensplejs

That's why its a bad idea to delete stock apps in the first place when we don't have custom recovery yet.

It wasnt a problem when deleting them, and the phone was alright... it was when restoring through ADB it went wrong... I need a suggestion to get it fixed not an "I-told-you-so"
Last edited by djkoch; 15th March 2011 at 07:05 PM.
15th March 2011, 07:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 11

291 posts
More
Yeah... sorry... i was kinda an ass.
But sadly I'm all out of ideas.

Maybe if we had a service manual (not user manual)

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App
15th March 2011, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2,613

6,349 posts
Donate to Me
Can you connect to phone by adb?
You need to clear dalvik cache.
15th March 2011, 08:03 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

90 posts
Hi Doc
No... unfortunately I cant get ADB to work....
I can get into S/W update mode, but ADB doesnt work. I can get the Factory reset to begin too, but it just gets into the reboot circle again.

If there was just a way to get into ADB mode I could push every single file again

Damn... I hope it isn't bricked for good
15th March 2011, 08:08 PM   |  #9  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,794

5,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
If HR doesn't work. Just return for warrenty.

Cause if it reboots that a corrupted boot.img
Try to see if you can get alist of apps installed on phone.
If superuser.apk is not in there, return it for warrenty.
15th March 2011, 08:13 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

90 posts
In one of the reboots I think I had a glimse of a connection thru ADB acouple of times. I had approx. 10 seconds before rebooting again.

Did a list... and guess I saw a dir called "root" but didnt have time to get into the system/app directory...

If we can't find a solution I think I'll try to return the phone and hope for a new one without any question asked

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus 2x General by ThreadRank