Explain clockworkmod.

Search This thread

michka

Oct 7, 2010
So first of all.
Hello my name is Michka.
I just 2 days ago bought a defy and it works just perfect. I installes froyo paysrom and overclocked my phone to 1300 mhz vsel 70. But there is a but. I installed clockworkmod recovery and when i launch it with the app it boots up perfect but when i boot it up with voldown + power... Droid... Vol up + vol down i get a blue android recovery with a text the bottom that some folders didnt load like "caller or something".
Can someone tell what i am doing wrong or how to fix this cause i want make my own roms like i did for my wildfire but i want to be 100% i have a chance for retrieving backups.

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

psicodelico

Sep 12, 2009
Recife
The clockworkmod used on motorola phones use a trap to boot up. Motorola's phone have a system that uses RSA encryption to avoid unlocking. That turn impossible you change recovery partions, bootloader and so on. So, you need to start your phone, open clockworkmod app and use it to boot up in recovery mode.

Sorry for my bad english.

Reactions: voided

adi4motion

May 23, 2010
can't a similar method be used to load-up custom OS and kernel? like booting from windows mobile into android?!

kashavsehra

Dec 15, 2010
Birmingham
If something does go wrong you can flash an sbf file, as that will be motorola signed, thus you can boot up into the software you have just flashed. Then you can root and install the recovery, provided that the sbf you flashed is rootable.

michka

Oct 7, 2010
If something does go wrong you can flash an sbf file, as that will be motorola signed, thus you can boot up into the software you have just flashed. Then you can root and install the recovery, provided that the sbf you flashed is rootable.

That i know but isnt what i exactly meant:)
Still what i heart is that it isnt possible to downgrade from froyo to eclair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The clockworkmod used on motorola phones use a trap to boot up. Motorola's phone have a system that uses RSA encryption to avoid unlocking. That turn impossible you change recovery partions, bootloader and so on. So, you need to start your phone, open clockworkmod app and use it to boot up in recovery mode.

Sorry for my bad english.