When I started using CM7 nightlies, I loved the ROM, and I understand Cyanogen's reasoning for using an open source, versatile launcher like ADW, but I and many others prefer the look/feel/performance of the stock 2.3 launcher.
Installing the stock 2.3 Gingerbread launcher on CM7!
First off, props to frank707 from the Nexus S forums for this mod link. I suggest you go to the original thread and hit the Thanks button for his work.
You can find the mod here in the Nexus S forum: THREAD.
Download the first file in the thread and place on the root of your SD Card (not in any folder). This file is called "CM7GBStockLauncher.zip" (I've attached to this post for easy access as well).
Disclaimer: You'll lose all your homescreen placements and widgets you have set up with ADW launcher the first time you install this stock launcher.
1) Enter recovery. Hold down the power button in CM7 > Reboot > Recovery > Ok
2) In recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" > "choose zip from sdcard" > select CM7GBStockLauncher.zip > scroll down with track-pad and hit YES.
3) You will see a progress bar and "ADW Launcher is now being uninstalled and replaced with the stock launcher"
4) When its complete select "reboot system now" in recovery, and get back to setting up your homescreens with the stock launcher.
And you're done! Enjoy your stock launcher and 3D app drawer!
Additional info for people updating CM7 Nightlies:
If you want to flash this over nightlies every day, you need to follow a specific order to not lose your placements again.
1) Flash CM7 nightly via recovery (not ROM manager)
2) After install, stay in recovery (don't boot up into the ROM!), go to Advanced > Reboot recovery
3) After recovery reboots, flash the launcher mod (follow above steps).
4) Reboot system, and you'll be greeted by your original homescreen placements that you had before the CM7 update.
Just in case you're lazy, I've attached the launcher file also.