[ROM][4/15/11]Blackhole[4.4]

OP sonofskywalker3

16th March 2011, 09:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283

729 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks to Adrynalyn and his mystery source, we now have a new Froyo drop: EC01. No more bastardized hybrids, this is a pure EC01 rom, Deodexed, Debinged, and given the Blackhole overhaul.

Features:
Includes the latest EC01 mods by Sbrissen (No Full Batt popup, Reboot options, Clock Options, Acc Batt., 6 Lockscreens, Music controls, AOSP Phone answer)
Lockscreen is now changed through the "LockScreen Settings" application.
Standalone version includes Gallery, Music Player, Video Player, Browser, Calendar, Calculator, etc.

At this point I don't believe there will be any more Rom Manager releases, but I will be working on the ACS release as soon as I can find some time.

This is a Clockworkmod 2.x (green or red) flash, if you have Clockworkmod 3.x installed (orange) check out this link for an odin file to restore Red Cwm: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1301538947

Still having some problems with the neverending bootloop if you wipe /data so DON'T! If you're coming from stock or Superclean, or an older Blackhole rom there is no need. If you're coming from AOSP you should be fine too. If you're coming from Kaosinate or MIUI then you'll probably need to flash or odin back to stock before flashing this, but I haven't tested. After this rom is flashed do not wipe /data.

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP

Now that all that's out of the way, enjoy the release of Blackhole 4.4!

Thanks to Adrynalyn and his mystery source, we now have a new Froyo drop: EC01. No more bastardized hybrids, this is a pure EC01 rom, Deodexed, Debinged, and given the Blackhole overhaul.

Features:
Includes the latest EC01 mods by Sbrissen (No Full Batt popup, Reboot options, Clock Options, Acc Batt., 6 Lockscreens, Music controls, AOSP Phone answer)
Lockscreen is now changed through the "LockScreen Settings" application.
Standalone version includes Gallery, Music Player, Video Player, Browser, Calendar, Calculator, etc.

At this point I don't believe there will be any more Rom Manager releases, but I will be working on the ACS release as soon as I can find some time.

This is a Clockworkmod 2.x (green or red) flash, if you have Clockworkmod 3.x installed (orange) check out this link for an odin file to restore Red Cwm: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1301538947

Still having some problems with the neverending bootloop if you wipe /data so DON'T! If you're coming from stock or Superclean, or an older Blackhole rom there is no need. If you're coming from AOSP you should be fine too. If you're coming from Kaosinate or MIUI then you'll probably need to flash or odin back to stock before flashing this, but I haven't tested. After this rom is flashed do not wipe /data.

Edit: Thanks to GizmoDroid I have made changes to the install script that successfully allow you to wipe /data before or after this rom is flashed.

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP

Now that all that's out of the way, enjoy the release of Blackhole 4.4!

http://www.androiddoes.net/~sonofsky...nate_4.4SA.zip

And for everyone, coming soon: A whole new way to Build-Your-Own-Rom. Stay tuned.
Last edited by sonofskywalker3; 15th April 2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Updated ROM
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to sonofskywalker3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2011, 09:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Outside Philly
Thanks Meter: 45

413 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looking forward to it. Thanks for all you do.
16th March 2011, 09:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hamilton, OH
Thanks Meter: 2

56 posts
More
Cant wait, love your work!
16th March 2011, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 239

980 posts
That's what I wanted to hear!!! But, I need to know how to flash back to a previous version of CWM recovery via rom manager. I flashed the 3.0 before I knew the problems it would cause. What do I need to do to be able to snag Blackhole 4.3? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
16th March 2011, 10:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Knoxvegas!
Thanks Meter: 8

122 posts
More
Running BH 4.2 and love it, waiting anxiously for your newest build! Love your work man!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
16th March 2011, 10:18 PM   |  #6  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 29

408 posts
More
WHOA....I thought Blackhole was done. Been keeping an eye on the other forum and it was dead for almost a month.
16th March 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 283

729 posts
Donate to Me
Yeah, between my life and their host its been hard to find time for this, but I'm glad to be working on the fascinate again. As crappy as samsung is, at least they're not suing us (sony) or bricking our phones for using unauthorized software (3ds). As far as the clockwork revert, I'll have files and instructions in the linked post tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to sonofskywalker3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2011, 12:07 AM   |  #8  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 29

408 posts
More
It feels as though perhaps EB16 could be the last update for this phone. Do you think this phone will ever see Gingerbread? I haven't read this anywhere, just personal gut feeling. What is your take on this?
Last edited by dricacho; 17th March 2011 at 12:10 AM.
17th March 2011, 12:22 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 239

980 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofskywalker3

Yeah, between my life and their host its been hard to find time for this, but I'm glad to be working on the fascinate again. As crappy as samsung is, at least they're not suing us (sony) or bricking our phones for using unauthorized software (3ds). As far as the clockwork revert, I'll have files and instructions in the linked post tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Awesome!! Thanks SOS3 for all that you do. We love your roms. Maybe a dumb question but is 4.3 gonna have adryn's new EB16 working voodoo as one of the choices for the kernel?
17th March 2011, 01:41 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 258

1,019 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dricacho

It feels as though perhaps EB16 could be the last update for this phone. Do you think this phone will ever see Gingerbread? I haven't read this anywhere, just personal gut feeling. What is your take on this?

Ned a little more info.

Will this phone see Gingerbread from Samsung or the people that actually know how to program?

I think getting Froyo was a big step because it was sooooo much different than 2.1. Difference between 2.2 and higher arent as huge, and 2.2+ is based on 2.2, so chances are we'll get there someday, with or without the "official" label.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread