[Q] [PC][DUAL BOOT] Reinstalling grub bootloader
I'm an experienced computer user in Windows and (X)Ubuntu, but some things I don't know I search online... but this problem I get only gets me somewhat upset by "Search Overload" (See some United States commercials).
## My computer setup ##
OS: dual-boot Windows XP; Xubuntu 10.04 LTS
Boot Loader: grub
In the partitions:
- Windows XP
- Xubuntu 10.04 LTS
- factory OEM partition
I need to reinstall Windows completely. I can either...
1. get that ISO of "The Windows 9x Project" burnt (I have an XP upgrade version),
2. borrow my friends OEM disk (I DO have a legit XP CD but it is only an Upgrade version
3. try to get that special partition to install EXACTLY the way I want it to (most likely impossible)
Also, I've been trying to reinstall the grub bootloader (which originaly comes with my Xubuntu disk) manually, but it has been unsuccessful so far.
This will also be able to help me in case a Windows program rewrites the MBR (or I need to do this task again).
What I don't want to do unless it is the only possible way:
- Reinstall Xubuntu 10.04 LTS (plus install all of those updates and change Firefox... again!!!)
Will try to use the Windows 9x Project .iso and use my legit XP upgrade CD+key
- will take a lot of time to accomplish, IF successful
- I hope that Windows ME will work with my system -_-'