XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FYI: Verizon password reset if you only have a Xoom

Tip us?

gnahc79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default FYI: Verizon password reset if you only have a Xoom

We just got the Xoom from Verizon a few days ago and it's the only device that we have with Verizon. Apparently the password reset for the Verizon online account can only send a text message to the device. There's no email option online or when calling customer service. A temporary password will have to be mailed instead.
Samsung S3 (AT&T)
Samsung S4 (AT&T)
Motorola Xoom 4G LTE
Kindle Fire HD 7"

Ryououki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
That's what the site says, but it's been 12 days and I never got a letter, but my account did get charged for 2 text messages. And Verizon customer support is a bunch of idiots that just repeat over and over that I should have gotten the letter in 3 to 5 business days. Only letter I got is the billing statement.

gnahc79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Did you call customer service to initiate a letter to be sent and now 12 days later there's nothing?
Samsung S3 (AT&T)
Samsung S4 (AT&T)
Motorola Xoom 4G LTE
Kindle Fire HD 7"

g2theno
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i called customer service and had them transfer my service to one of there test devices that could get text messages. once he did that i gave him the password i wanted and he set it all up for me. took about 20 min but it worked.

Ryououki
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnahc79 View Post
Did you call customer service to initiate a letter to be sent and now 12 days later there's nothing?
I did call them, twice actually. Still nothing. They have no idea what they are doing over there.

gnahc79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryououki View Post
I did call them, twice actually. Still nothing. They have no idea what they are doing over there.
sounds like AT&T . I'll give it a week or so and then call back and try what g2theno posted.
Samsung S3 (AT&T)
Samsung S4 (AT&T)
Motorola Xoom 4G LTE
Kindle Fire HD 7"

RadDudeTommy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Do what I did.

I went into the verizon store to complain about it (I didn't know about the mail option). They called the customer service people in front of me and had them give them the passord while I sat on my Xoom and logged in. It took about fifteen minutes and I was able to change my password before I walked out Verizon's store.

I bought the 800$ Xoom so I actually went in to verizon to start my service. The guy there who acted like he knew everything told me I was going to get a text. When I told him I for sure wasn't going to get one because this isn't a phone he for sure guarenteed me that since it was a free text from verizon I would receive, he was being so certain of himself I put my logic away an left.

So when I went back the next day he end up looking really stupid. He was even trying to tell me that if I sign up for unlimited data now I was guarenteed it for life. And I politely told him that I would be guarenteed it for the duration of the two year contract but he wouldn't listen to me and kept insisting "We (verizon) wouldn't take the data plan from you at the end of your contract" . Can anyone verify this for me? I'm pretty much certain that you only get it for the contract even if you sign up for another at the end of it.

kcrudup
Old
Thanks Meter 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDudeTommy View Post
They called the customer service people in front of me and had them give them the password while I sat on my Xoom and logged in.
YMMV, 'cause I tried this at two VZ stores and got nowhere. Maybe since I tried this on the 25th and 26th that by now they've got a workaround in CS, but I had to wait for my letter to show up.

I wonder what they're going to do when the iPad 2 comes to VZ; those can't get texts either, and if they've suddenly worked up a fix for those guys and not us I'm going to hate VZ just a little more.

Quote:
He was even trying to tell me that if I sign up for unlimited data
Um, what "unlimited" data plan is that? AFAIC, VZ has no such plan for non-phone devices.
Kenny Crudup - BSP/Kernel Dev
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G on AT&T
HTC First on Net10/AT&T
(Save your "Thanks"; couldn't care less)

flippingout
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2theno View Post
i called customer service and had them transfer my service to one of there test devices that could get text messages. once he did that i gave him the password i wanted and he set it all up for me. took about 20 min but it worked.
Did the same and about 15 minutes later I was all set. The problem I now have is the Verizon app won't connect with the new password. Only works on 3G. I can still log in on the website though. The rep I worked with was very nice and said she would submit a ticket on the app. Apparently I wasn't the first Xoom owner to have this issue.

gnahc79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
got the letter, password did not work. went to a verizon store, one rep said the xoom gets text msgs. Once he realized he was wrong, another rep called customer service...waited on hold for 15-20 min and they just opened a problem ticket, i.e. "i have no clue what to do let's hand it off to someone else". I offered the test device option but neither rep knew the ph# of one of the test devices. I'll call customer service again tomorrow....yay.
Samsung S3 (AT&T)
Samsung S4 (AT&T)
Motorola Xoom 4G LTE
Kindle Fire HD 7"