Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Windows phone 7 backup + backups SMS

OP marek1

19th March 2011, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Usti nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 20

544 posts
More
1. How to backup whole WP7 device ?

2. How to backup SMS ?
23rd March 2011, 02:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit fr windows mobile 6.x users?!
24th March 2011, 08:37 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 449

2,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_0

As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit fr windows mobile 6.x users?!

there is a backup system, its not myphone though, that is for WM6.x devices, the team have been working on a WP7 version however.

anyhow, calander and contacts can be synced with live services or by your email account, your music and photos/documents are all synced with zune, the only thing that isnt is your text messages.

i agree a one stop shop would be great, like myphone, and im sure it will be here soon, i heard that development had stopped on myphone so that they can work on a new version for WP, we shall have to see.
28th March 2011, 04:29 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Isnt there a similiar but limited version of MyPhone for windows phone 7? Its directly integrated within the ms live-device feature (e.g. you can locate your phone with this service)?

A real solution would be great anyway. One may dream about a text message integration within hotmail itself (sending (via mobile phone which is synced with activesync push), listing received messages directly within the inbox ...).

Arent you disappointed that such a basic feature (backing up your data, transfer data vom another wp 7 and wm 6) arent implemented within the OS relase or at least a few months (to be correct: about 6 months) later ?
23rd July 2011, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Vc
Thanks Meter: 26

1,236 posts
Donate to Me
More
Vote here for SMS Backup: http://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/11...ckup?ref=title
25th September 2011, 08:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag hellevoetsluis
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
I voted for it..
still no backup software for sms?
2nd October 2011, 11:09 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
no sms backup for windows 7 phone
Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to raves1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2011, 09:43 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 627

1,598 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raves1

Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.

Troll lol.
21st January 2012, 06:01 AM   |  #9  

19 posts
More
see here it worked for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346276
22nd February 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 93

917 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote: