FORUMS

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

Xposed Framework Updated to v65

Xposed Framework is an extremely popular modification platform for Android, so much so that we included … more

Windows phone 7 backup + backups SMS

544 posts
Thanks Meter: 20
 
By marek1, Senior Member on 19th March 2011, 11:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1. How to backup whole WP7 device ?

2. How to backup SMS ?
 
 
23rd March 2011, 01:57 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit fr windows mobile 6.x users?!
24th March 2011, 07:37 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 457
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_0

As far as i know you can backup some data using Microsoft MyPhone or the Zune software. Based on my last information (late 2010) a backup of your sms (text message; is sms used in english?) is NOT possible. Microsoft is limiting the software access thus a third party tool can not add this feature.

IMHO: This is basically a bad joke. How can they not offer a full backup solution and at least an data transfer toolkit fr windows mobile 6.x users?!

there is a backup system, its not myphone though, that is for WM6.x devices, the team have been working on a WP7 version however.

anyhow, calander and contacts can be synced with live services or by your email account, your music and photos/documents are all synced with zune, the only thing that isnt is your text messages.

i agree a one stop shop would be great, like myphone, and im sure it will be here soon, i heard that development had stopped on myphone so that they can work on a new version for WP, we shall have to see.
28th March 2011, 03:29 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Isnt there a similiar but limited version of MyPhone for windows phone 7? Its directly integrated within the ms live-device feature (e.g. you can locate your phone with this service)?

A real solution would be great anyway. One may dream about a text message integration within hotmail itself (sending (via mobile phone which is synced with activesync push), listing received messages directly within the inbox ...).

Arent you disappointed that such a basic feature (backing up your data, transfer data vom another wp 7 and wm 6) arent implemented within the OS relase or at least a few months (to be correct: about 6 months) later ?
23rd July 2011, 01:32 AM |#5  
Shady313's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Vc
Thanks Meter: 26
 
Donate to Me
More
Vote here for SMS Backup: http://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/11...ckup?ref=title
25th September 2011, 07:54 AM |#6  
leguaan's Avatar
Member
Flag hellevoetsluis
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I voted for it..
still no backup software for sms?
2nd October 2011, 10:09 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
no sms backup for windows 7 phone
Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to raves1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2011, 08:43 PM |#8  
drupad2drupad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 627
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raves1

Dear Microsoft I have to tell you that I can't use you windows 7 phone as much as I love it, because there is no tool to backup my SMS records. see I manage over 100 clients networks and it infrastructure and need to keep all SMS for legal records and liability purposes. it is ridiculous that there is no way to back SMS up and for that reason I have been telling all my clients not to buy the windows 7 phone. You Microsoft has reduced the phone to a kids toy and have been forced ME move to android I have had a windows phone for over 5 years and gone throw ruff times with you but now I have to cut my losses and move to either the I phone where I will have to buy a third party backup or move to the android. I would like to thank you for your hard work on the windows 7 phone and the oversight for its possible failure. Most if not all professionals will not be able to use this windows 7 phone.

Troll lol.
21st January 2012, 05:01 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
see here it worked for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346276
22nd February 2012, 05:30 PM |#10  
quailallstar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adihere

see here it worked for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1346276

Didn't work for my using my Nokia Lumia 710
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes