Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cyanogenmod 7 - Hanging at splash screen

Tip us?

silverback88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cyanogenmod 7 - Hanging at splash screen

I had an earlier version of cyanogenmod installed, I went into rom manager and pressed update (or something like that). It did the whole installation thing but now it's just hanging at the cyanogenmod splash screen.

What do?

iSkull
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback88 View Post
I had an earlier version of cyanogenmod installed, I went into rom manager and pressed update (or something like that). It did the whole installation thing but now it's just hanging at the cyanogenmod splash screen.

What do?
Have you tried to boot into recovery ? (turning it on by pressing the power button and the - volume button)

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5254

DONATE TO ME
Did you backup? Always, always backup.

If not try downloading the ROM and flashing that, don't wipe just yet, if that fails you will probably need to wipe and flash again.
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy

silverback88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so i did a recovery of the backup i did just before trying to install cyanogen 7

FFUUUUU.... now everything is pretty much lost! even the old cyanogen is gone. What can I do?!

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5254

DONATE TO ME
Was your old backup from a pre 2.3 ROM?
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

silverback88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
^^ how can i tell?

sorry for being a noob

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5254

DONATE TO ME
What was the ROM you backed up before flashing CM7?
Quote:
the backup i did just before trying to install cyanogen 7
-

silverback88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
it was cyanogenmod 6.1.3

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5254

DONATE TO ME
Ok, your problem now is that the file system changed from 2.2 (Froyo) to 2.3 (Gingerbread) and you will need to flash a new version of ClockworkMod Recovery to restore that backup.

Do you have ENG S-OFF? You will be able to flash it via fastboot, if not you will have to start again from CM7 and downgrade ClockworkMod Recovery from there, then restore your backup.
-

silverback88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I flashed the latest ClockworkMod Recovery (3.0.0.6) - I think before I tried to install CM7.

Restoring the backup means almost everything is gone, apps, settings, etc (but not everything). Did I **** it up? Will I have to redo everything?

If I have to do that anyway I might as well use CM7, but installing that means the splash screen hangs (I had the same problem with CM6, I dont remember how I fixed it)