No registration required

KitKat on Galaxy S2 (T-989) Google Camera Issue

OP Lorien_Silmaril

30th August 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Hey everyone!

I am experiencing an issue with Google Camera on a Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-989) using KitKat ROM's (currently on SlimKat build 7, though I also tried the latest Carbon ROM and the same issue is present there)

Here's the description of the issue:

When I open Google Camera (the one downloaded from Play Store, which has PhotoSphere functionality), the app will open up fine. I can also switch to any of the modes (photo, video, panorama, PhotoSphere) fine. However, if I switch to Panorama or PhotoSphere mode, I will be unable to switch back to photo or video mode; the viewfinder will simply freeze up (the camera app still responds to touch, but the viewfinder will be stuck in the panorama/PhotoSphere mode and the screen doesn't update). Attempting to tweak the settings or switch to another mode at this point will often result in the app crashing (forced stop).

The default camera app that comes with the SlimKat ROM works fine, but I am really hoping to have a working PhotoSphere camera on the S2 if possible (GalaxyS2Roots.com reported the Google Camera to be working "flawlessly" on Carbon ROM, but not for me!)

Does anyone know if this is a known issue in KK for this particular phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread