[Q] Mobile network unavailable after installing slim rom

Search This thread

ksad

Aug 9, 2014
Hello,

this is my first time i installed a custom rom.
I downloaded the slim rom from official slim rom website (Slim-i9100-4.4.2.build.5-OFFICIAL-4068).
All work well except the mobile network, I can access 3G and wifi but not to make calls or send sms.
I installed GetRil to verify compatibility between my baseband and my RIL (see attachment).

I downloaded and Ril BVL2 modem and installed from the recovery mode, but no thing work

Please I need your help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-09-14-40-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-09-14-40-57.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 137

efan3719

Jul 18, 2010
Selah, WA
Hello,

this is my first time i installed a custom rom.
I downloaded the slim rom from official slim rom website (Slim-i9100-4.4.2.build.5-OFFICIAL-4068).
All work well except the mobile network, I can access 3G and wifi but not to make calls or send sms.
I installed GetRil to verify compatibility between my baseband and my RIL (see attachment).

I downloaded and Ril BVL2 modem and installed from the recovery mode, but no thing work

Please I need your help

have you checked your APN settings? you may need to change some things depending on your carrier.

ksad

Aug 9, 2014
Same problem after APN setting changed

have you checked your APN settings? you may need to change some things depending on your carrier.

Thanks for your answer efan, yes i had checked APN setting.
I copied the setting from my galaxy S4 but the network still unavailable.

Any other ideas ?

shaunhoop1981

May 26, 2013
bristol
Google Pixel 5
Thanks for your answer efan, yes i had checked APN setting.
I copied the setting from my galaxy S4 but the network still unavailable.

Any other ideas ?

Goto you settings and check your imei number and check it against the tag on the case under the battery if its what I think it is I had the same when I had a i9100 basicly your efs folder has courpted some how by rights you should of done a back up do a bit of googling its very common and could be easy to restore if I'm correct your device will show a generic imei like this 004999010640000

If yes there are apps on play store that could help restore your efs folder

DO NOT POST YOUR ORIGNAL IMEI ON HERE

if you get stuck pm me and I'll help best I can

Fant0m3

Jul 4, 2014
Portland, OR
There is an amazing guide on here somewhere do a search for it but it shows the steps to take to restore your data settings. u need your msl number there is an app on the market just type msl (must be rooted) and the dial code is ##3282# it will ask for view or edit mode and then the msl code there u can restore your data settings

Sent from my HTC One SV using XDA Free mobile app