Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KK][UNOFFICIAL] [SlimRoms] Builders Collective

Tip us?

ralpheboyo
Old
(Last edited by ralpheboyo; 4th September 2014 at 06:46 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][KK][UNOFFICIAL] [SlimRoms] Builders Collective

First and foremost we would like to send out a huge
THANK YOU to the SLIMROM TEAM

SlimRom
http://www.slimroms.net/
SlimRom XDA

There are simply too many people working in the background and foreground to name. None the less THANK YOU for all your help, support and mostly for the good times!!!

Thanks to the SlimRom Team many users have started to create their own unofficial builds for personal use and for others to use, experience and enjoy with their respective unique setup. This thread will provide a compilation of a few SlimRom Unofficial Builds in one thread; in order to provide a quick glance of the various SlimRom updates and a forum to ask questions regarding builds or general question. If you are building some form or version which is based on SlimRom and you would like to be added pls just send me a pm.

The Builders Collection

Equip yourself with: Slim @Dankoman GAPPS and Slim F.A.Q

Here is a summary of all the SlimRoms we know about; If your rom is not included pls once again let me know:

@Hopper8 Thread Link
@mar5hal Thread Link The Candy Shop
@Minux31 Thread Link
@RobbieL811 Thread Link
@satyr007 Thread Link

Thank you to everyone for sharing your work and builds with the community!

(Tylog Approved)
Nexus 5 & One Plus One: Custom Build: Ultra SlimRom

......."We are not a kitchen rom" (Kufikugel)......

Blue Angel, Wizard, Kaiser, Leo,SG3, SG4 (I9500)

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to ralpheboyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ralpheboyo
Old
(Last edited by ralpheboyo; 14th September 2014 at 10:26 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Default Ultra SlimRom

Main Features: Ultra SlimRom

The purpose of my build is to have a "naked" version with DPI Set at 440 for hammerhead and bacon. Once my base build has been completed only a very few features will be added ensuring the rom is as close to naked as possible....plug in and enjoy...

Kernels: Moving forward slick_r (based on on Code Blue Kernel) will be used as a base kernel for all future builds on hammerhead, AK kernel for bacon.

Whats been removed:

Packages removed:

All Languages (Only English GB in Rom)

- BasicDreams
- Browser
- Calculator
- Calendar
- Camera2
- CellBroadcastReceiver
- DashClock
- DocumentsUI
- DSPManager
- Email
- Exchange
- Galaxy4
- HoloSpiralWallpaper
- Launcher2
- LiveWallpapers
- LiveWallpapersPicker
- MagicSmokeWallpapers
- Mms
- Music
- MusicFX
- NoiseField
- PhaseBeam
- PhotoTable
- PrintSpooler
- SlimFileManager
- SlimIRC
- VisualizationWallpapers
- VideoEditor
- Wallpaper Basic
- Wallpaper HoloSpiral
- Wallpaper MagicSmoke
- Wallpaper Music Visualization
- Wallpaper Noise Field
- Wallpaper Pasebeam

Ultra SlimRom Bacon
Added
AK Kernel
CM Camera
DPI 440

Whats been removed:

Packages removed:

All Languages (Only English GB in Rom)

- BasicDreams
- Browser
- Calculator
- Calendar
- Camera2
- CellBroadcastReceiver
- DashClock
- DocumentsUI
- DSPManager
- Email
- Exchange
- Galaxy4
- HoloSpiralWallpaper
- Launcher2
- LiveWallpapers
- LiveWallpapersPicker
- MagicSmokeWallpapers
- Mms
- Music
- MusicFX
- NoiseField
- PhaseBeam
- PhotoTable
- PrintSpooler
- SlimFileManager
- SlimIRC
- VisualizationWallpapers
- VideoEditor
- Wallpaper Basic
- Wallpaper HoloSpiral
- Wallpaper MagicSmoke
- Wallpaper Music Visualization
- Wallpaper Noise Field
- Wallpaper Pasebeam

DOWNLOAD Hammerhead Ultra SlimRom (slick_r based on Code Blue)

DOWNLOAD Bacon Ultra SlimRom (slick_r based on AK)

Follow me on Google+

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ralpheboyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grondinm
Old
(Last edited by Grondinm; 13th September 2014 at 12:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Default GSlim

Hello Everyone. This post will contain my builds. A little about me. I've been a member of XDA since 2008(as you can see on the left) Started with a HTC Touch and released a few things for the phone before moving to android. I've been with android since the I9000 and have built custom roms/kernels since then(not really original work just modifying for my needs). In general i love everything about technology and am starting to look more at android app development. So here is my build.

All builds feature LSN and network speed/activity in status bar. I build for Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Samsung Nexus S and Nexus 7 (2013). I'm also willing to build for other devices just send me a PM. The nexus 5 build uses g_smooth kernel which is based on code_blue kernel by @eng.stk and the nexus 4 kernel is built with linaro. I Also sometimes pick other things and they will be noted in build announcements.

thanx to : the entire slim team @eng.stk for the great kernel @apb_axel for UKM & Synapse @Christopher83 for the tool chain

Download links:

Flo
Mako
Hammerhead
Crespo

09-12-2014 New builds

Crespo added

Slim 8.0-PCFR code update
PL and ITA translation updates pulled in
UKM updated to 3.4.3(Hammerhead only)

NewBuild 09-11-2014

New boot animation made by @scar45
Updated UKM to 3.4.2(Hammerhead only)
Something else see if you can find it
Pulled Arch specific optimization from slim gerrit

NewBuild 09-10-2014

Changed system sounds and notifications to 8-bit sounds by @jewellsimon http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...-pack-t2663418 make sure you go into sound settings and pick new ringtone/notification

Added Heads-up color and transparency by dankoman

New Build 09-08-2014

Just a sync to Slim 7.9
Mako Kernel Toolchain updated to Linaro GCC 4.9.2-2014.08 optimized for Cortex-A15 cpu

Older Builds

New Build 09-06-2014(hammerhead only)

Added synapse to build.
Branded kernel to be unique still based on code_blue
Kernel Toolchain updated to Linaro GCC 4.9.2-2014.08 optimized for Cortex-A15 cpu

New Builds 09-05-2014

Synced to latest slim source and picked all latest version of included changes

Hammerhead build now has UKM built in just install synapse from play store and enjoy. thanx to @apb_axel for UKM and synapse.

That's pretty much it for this build

Enjoy

New Build 09-02-2014(Build is failing please hold...All green now)

New build building watch for them to go up.

Cahnges:
Slim 7.8 source
LockScreen Wallpaper

New Build 08-30-2014

New builds going up soon(hopefully) These are mainly to test if my build script will auto upload the builds after they are done so if all works you should see new builds roll out in ~20min intervals from now.

A couple changes:

Removed soft reboot option
Added dankoman's recent card background/test color picker
Latest LSN code
Latest Slim code

Enjoy

Enjoy. And feel free to check out my blog and/or follow me on G+
Phone: Nexus 5 (32GB) Rom: SlimKat (Custom build) Kernel: g_smooth based on code_blue
Tablet: Nexus 7 Flo 32Gb Rom: SlimKat (Custom Build) Kernel:Stock

Such Donation: DSB9bnVeMhw2RPJbzsP6BQX8uZtXEuUgAo
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Grondinm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

letmedanz
Old
(Last edited by letmedanz; 14th September 2014 at 05:37 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,182
Angry twistedSLIM

Hello Guys!

Nice to have a place to post, & discuss variations of the amazing Slim
Many thanks to the Slim team and members of the main thread for all the inspiration & education

Here's the latest build (13th Sep '14) of Slim 8.0 PCFR for the Hammerhead - with some twists of course

Changelog

- Updated to latest Build 8.0 PCFR
- Optimizations
- LockScreen Wallpaper
- Blur (See through & features FusionJack)
- Heads Up background color & Transparency (Thanks Dankoman)
- Android L Keys
- 6 BAR Signal Icon option added
- Systemwide New FONT*
- Systemwide New On-Off Switches
(Screenshots below)
-Revised Kernel & Package Versions

Features

- Compiled with Sabermod Toolchain.
- Included JustArchi's Optimizations
- Code Blue Kernel
- Lockscreen Notifications (Updated)
- Floating Notifications
- Network Speed in StatusBar
- Omni's Download Manager
- Custom System Animations
- DPI 400
- Polish Translations
- Replaced BootAnimation - see animation

* If you want to use this build, but would like the stock font, see attached file in the other thread. Just flash in recovery

DOWNLOAD -
MAKO - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712471295
Hammerhead - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712470677

Other Downloads

Stock Font
Boot Animation

Screenshot of Android L keys + 6 bar signal icon + New fonts & Switches

Screenshots Set 1

Credits

Definitely need to take this space to thank some of the best people i've had the pleasure of knowing...
All of you have helped me to an extremely large degree.. i am thankful & indebted

@raycaster3, @micr0g, @mar5hal @Grondinm, @RobbieL811
@Primokorn, @22ls22, @matthew0776

and obviously the rest of the assimilated collective
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to letmedanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Garrykd
Old
(Last edited by Garrykd; Yesterday at 05:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,940
Hiya everybody it's nice to be here and nice to see you all

I've only been building since April with a slow machine that I wasn't even sure could handle the job. It has and I haven't looked back since. It's been a fun ride so far and I've learned an incredible amount. All thanks go to the Slim community. Without their support and guidance I probably wouldn't have even tried...so I owe you guys a lot

I am currently building for Hammerhead and Mako...

My builds are just vanilla slim builds for now, no fancy toolchains or anything (they break stuff I like). Usually up to date with slim's merged changes...possibly a few Slim "features in the works" cherry-picked for testing purposes

Download: https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/garrykd/Builds/

Updated Sept 12: Latest builds feature:

* Updated to Slimkat 8.0 PCFR
* @dankoman's Heads Up background colour and transparency
* gmillz' lockscreen wallpaper

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Garrykd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ezio84
Old
(Last edited by ezio84; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.) Reason: google dns script - restore dns - bootani zip
Thanks Meter 657
Latest build update: 12 Sept 2014

Modded wekkly 7.9 for Nexus 4 (mako) and Nexus 5 (hammeread)
(compiled with sabermod4.8 + justarchi's O3)

Mako download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712470425
Hammeread download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712470426

Changelog:

+ Latest Slim Gerrit commits about "-mfpu=neon-vfpv4" instead of generic "-mfpu=neon" for ARMv7-A Cortex CPUs to gain extra performance improvements
+ Rewritten "Lockscreen wallpaper" and "See through" features (awesome work by @fusionjack as usual, now the code is more robust).
To enable "See through" go to "Security>See Through":

To enable LsW go to "Display>Wallpaper>Lockscreen" and choose your image then apply a blur effect if you want it:

NB: don't enable both features.

Additional features (i just merge the code, credits go to a lot of people/developers/roms, you can see the author of each github commit):

+ Compiled with sabermod4.8 + Justarchi's O3

>Stock Slim kernel

+ Heads up background color, settings are under "Interface>Heads up".

+ "Lockscreen wallpaper" and "See through" features. To enable "See through" go to "Security>See Through", to enable LsW go to "Display>Wallpaper>Lockscreen" and choose your image then apply a blur effect if you want it. Please don't enable both features.

+ Lockscreen notifications, settings are under "Security". Enable and disable "privacy mode" the first time you flash the rom to get it working as expected.

+ Disable heads up in lockscreen, useful if you have already enabled lockscreen notifications; settings are under “Interface > Notifications & QS”.

+ Disable 2tap2sleep on the statusbar, it’s a really nice feature but some users would like to disable it when using a cover and the screen is accidentaly double tapped; settings are under "Interface > Status bar".

+ Network upload and download speed in the statusbar; settings are under "Interface > Status bar".
When it can be useful? E.g.: "Right now I'm uploading the build with my phone to Androidfilehost, and I have Chrome in background while writing on Tapatalk and hangouts. With the upload speeds shown in the status bar I can check if the upload process is still going fine."

+ Advanced download manager (expand the downloads notification and you'll be able to pause/resume or stop them); enabled by default.

+ Floating mode, long press on a notification in the status bar or on an app in the recent panel and select “floating mode” to open the app in a popup window. Note: if you want to set this mode permanently and manage it in a better way, you can install Floatifications from the Play Store (enable “launch app in halo window - supported rom” in its settings).
(PS: the first time you open whatsapp, youtube stops the video, next times it will continue playing).
You could say “wtf do i need this on my small screen?” Well, you are playing “Tnt” by Ac/Dc on Youtube, your wife send you a message “bring the dog pee or no dinner today”, and you want to reply “Sir, yes Sir” without stopping the music: open Whatsapp in floating mode and reply to your wife, Youtube will continue playing in background. Same thing when gaming.
NB: The xposed module for the floating mode is more customizable, the one in the rom is very basic and needs improvements. I hope it will get better in the future because can be useful not only to have youtube playing in background: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=322

As usual, if you wipe caches let the phone rebuild them, just using your apps, after some time it will be more fast.

Download flashable zip to set alternative DNS as default: Download Slim Builders Collective bootanimation flashable zip (atm the animation fits best on Nexus5, on Nexus4 it needs to be resized):--------
Quick git cherry-pick/fork how-to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=77
Build script by fusionjack and chromium prebuilt fix: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...TkE&authuser=0
Add SaberMod and JustArchi's O3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=143
--------
Goodies and resources if you want to check the source or build by yourself
PS: you can also fork my github slim projects to merge all features in your self-made build.

- To add "advanced download manager":

For the download manager, you need:
- this commit in frameworks_base:
https://github.com/ezio84/frameworks...fe68a646696b57
- then fork this omnirom project to your github:
https://github.com/omnirom/android_p...wnloadProvider
- then use your fork instead of the slim default one (.repo/default.xml), e.g.:
Code:
<project path="packages/providers/DownloadProvider" name="rootSU/android_packages_providers_DownloadProvider" remote="github" revision="android-4.4" />
- done (you don't need the [2/2] commit).

- To add "floating mode":

- To add "Lockscreen notifications":

- To add "Disable heads up in lockscreen":

- To add "Disable 2tap2sleep on the statusbar":

- To add "Network upload and download speed in the statusbar":
ezio.deviantart.com <-- Windows dark themes
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to ezio84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aow1980
Old
(Last edited by aow1980; 13th September 2014 at 04:10 AM.) Reason: Updated Build
Thanks Meter 395
Default Aow1980 Builds

This is for my personal fun builds. Will try to keep up to date with all the changes I throw into them.

Changelog: Updated 9-06-14

9-12-14

Slimkat 8.0 PCFR

Kernel Sabermod 4.9.2 (UberUtils)

Rebased to stock slim
UC to 96mhz
OC to 2500mhz
GPU UC to 100mhz
GPU Various fixes and optimizations
Backlight Dimmer
Intellidemand and Intelliactive added
Nightmare added
Fiops added
LZ4 commits
I2C dropped to 19.2
other commits check github

Rom Sabermod 4.7 (Same performance from what i can tell)

Rebased to fix a few issues
Added Apollo Music Player from CM
LockScreen Wallpaper
LockScreenNotifications
Recents updated volume color commits
Hide HeadsUp Lockscreen Option
Disable Double tap to sleep option
Floating Window through longpress recent task
Dpi set to 420
Fixed the tethering when using IpV6 APNs
Heads up Color options from @dankoman
Google Lens Blur Working

Kernel Test builds vary as I learn and make them.

Downloads

Aow1980 Github

G+
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to aow1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efan3719
Old
(Last edited by efan3719; 10th September 2014 at 05:17 AM.) Reason: Update Post
Thanks Meter 1,364
Default efan3719's Builds

Hello all! Just let me give a big thanks to the Slim Team for providing such an awesome ROM to work with. And a big thanks to the community, especially the builders, that have helped me get to where I'm at.

I currently build for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2013 as those are the devices I own.

About my builds: My builds are mostly Stock Slim with a few cherry picks for things I want to have. Usually these are things actively being worked on by the Slim Team that I don't want to wait for to be merged into the next weekly/stable. As I learn more I am going to try to include things from elsewhere, and maybe build with different kernels and such.

Current build : SlimKat 7.9 Weekly with Status Bar Network Speed, and Lock Screen Wallpaper, and Heads Up Transparency/Color Options

Hammerhead Builds : http://d-h.st/users/efan3719/?fld_id=39078#files

Flo Builds : http://d-h.st/users/efan3719/?fld_id=39079#files

And to any of those looking to get into this whole building thing, let me just say if you can flash a ROM you can build one. For me it started out not wanting to wait for Jenkins for the new weeklies. And I've slowly learned to add a few things here and there. Slim has an awesome community ready to help out, just like they did for me.
Have a question? Be sure to read the OP, use the search function, and check out the FAQ!

Slim Builders

Phone : Nexus 5
ROM : SlimKat

Tablet : Nexus 7 2013
ROM : SlimKat

GAPPS : TDRS

My Builds. Flash at your own risk. I am not a dev.

ralpheboyo
Old
(Last edited by ralpheboyo; 31st August 2014 at 06:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved 1

Reserved 1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralpheboyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ralpheboyo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved 3

Reserved 3

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralpheboyo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]