FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What going on with the Slim Dev team?

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Dunard, Junior Member on 18th March 2016, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I been checking their websites and seem like nothing is new to download for a while.

http://www.slimroms.net/ and http://slimroms.org/

8th April 2016, 09:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
So once again the slim devs are incapable of the common courtesy of giving the user base any kind of update. How hard is it to post that things are still going, or they are not if that is the case? Just let us know either way.
10th April 2016, 06:39 AM |#4  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdn

So once again the slim devs are incapable of the common courtesy of giving the user base any kind of update. How hard is it to post that things are still going, or they are not if that is the case? Just let us know either way.

Jesus, dude, lighten up and look one thread up or down. The Builders Collective is continuing the Slim team's work in spirit, producing daily-driver builds that are rich in features and lightweight at the same time.

It's not the original roster, things change, life happens, the 2016 New York Mets aren't the 1986 New York Mets. But if you're a fan, there's still plenty to be a fan of.
10th April 2016, 02:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by formicae

Jesus, dude, lighten up and look one thread up or down. The Builders Collective is continuing the Slim team's work in spirit, producing daily-driver builds that are rich in features and lightweight at the same time.

I've looked, it's devs talking to devs, not to us. What about the google+ page with the big, "We're sorry we disappeared for so long guys" message from over 30 weeks ago? Did they forget how to update that?

Quote:

It's not the original roster, things change, life happens, the 2016 New York Mets aren't the 1986 New York Mets. But if you're a fan, there's still plenty to be a fan of.

I was a huge fan, ran slim on both my N7's, thought it was by far the best rom out there. Then I finally got a phone I thought they would support - an LG G3 - and then slim died. Is there a list somewhere of what devices will be supported going forward? Would love to be a fan again, if someone will show me what I can be a fan of.
19th April 2016, 08:39 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
They are far from gone:
https://review.slimroms.org/#/q/statuspen

Stupid XDA formatted it with a smiley face. Just check the gerrit. They're working on a ton of MM crap.
20th April 2016, 12:17 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Where are their official builds from 5.0 and up? Last builds was 4.4. CyanogenMod have more builds than Slim. People just gonna go for CyanogenMod builds because of this issue.
Yesterday, 12:48 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,160

Donate to Me
More
Whoa, lighten up there, @thecdn. No one owes anyone ANYTHING. We do this for a hobby and for FUN. And it's supposed to be fun...

I am not at the liberty to go into specifics, but I can tell you from my own personal point of view and as a Slim member that the proverbial rug got pulled out from under us and our users. A very unfair situation all the way around.

Everything has had to be recreated, re-established; Gerrit, the web site, our build servers... and there was the added complexity of disappearing members and having to file legal documents in another country -> months of waiting. It's pretty much a nightmare when you are doing something you love to do and it gets taken away from you indefinitely like this... I absolutely share in the frustration.

I came along in the SlimKat days and wasn't around for much of the politics and things that had already happened, but s*** hit the fan, bigtime. Some of us stuck around, and some moved on. Such is life.

Slim IS very much alive and working on M. You'll have to wait for "official" announcements from the team leaders, although you are welcome to sync and build from Slim source (AOSPB based now) for your device(s)...

Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to NoSpamDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NoSpamDan Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:18 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
There gonna be any official builds for the Amazon Fire 8gb and the 16gb?

$40 right now with shipping. Amazon Fire 7inch 8 GB http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Display-W...comp_dk_ar_img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)