Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] External SD problem

OP jason2678

2nd July 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I just flashed SlimBean 4.3.build.2.2-OFFICIAL-1738 to my Galaxy S3 I747 (AT&T version).

Since then I'm having problems accessing my external SD card that I'm pretty sure is fine since it's what I just flashed the rom from. When I first tried to mount the card in SlimBean it wanted to format it. I let it try to format, but it seemed to struggle - took a long time and got a little unresponsive.

I've pulled it and formatted it fat32 in a PC using an adapter, but SlimBean still does not work with it. Mounting, unmounting and attempts to access this card seem to have caused one freeze and one random reboot. All seems good with the rom when the card is out, or as long as I don't try to access it.

I successfully ran a TWRP backup of my new SlimBean system to this external SD. Behavior of the card is still spastic in SlimBean. It keeps showing card was removed followed by preparing the card over and over in the notification area when I try to access it from ES or Slim file explorers. I was able to see from the ROM that the TWRP backup files are there and they appear to be the right size, but the card is behaving badly.

Anyone else ever run into this problem, or have any ideas as to a solution?
10th July 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I'm still fighting this SD card. I've formatted it fat32 with GParted (quick). Formatted it with a terminal mkdosfs -F 32 (sloooow). Now my phone can see it and I can browse files I've put there using a computer, but the phone can't write to the SD card. Also a media player, using rocket player, can play back songs; however, it only plays back the first 4 - 6 seconds then skips to the next song.

I'm starting to suspect a faulty card or slot in my S3. Still hoping someone from the community might have solved a similar problem....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread