Anybody getting the Smartwatch 3?

Search This thread

ForumNinja

Forum Editor
Aug 26, 2014
Hey all:)

Sony's next generation smartwatch is a considerable step up in specs compared to its predecessor, packing a 1.2GHz Quad-core processor and a 320 x 320 LCD display, it certainly looks like a good upgrade. The rubber strap appears to have gone down rather badly, so Sony has addressed this by releasing a metal strap in addition, personally i would of preferred Sony to of made this smartwatch compatible with standard watch straps giving a much better choice. Then again we are yet to see if Sony has any other ideas, the "pop out" design could be used in other wearable applications, say on the sleeve of a jacket. Its going to be interesting to see if Sony makes full use of this design.

So who's upgrading? Or is this device drawing in new smartwatch owners?

bookat

Dec 20, 2007
23th October 2014 :good:

I actually bought a Moto360 and returned it to buy the Sony.

3 things were bothering me from the beginning:

Black bar on the bottom. In my opinion a major design flaw.
Battery life compared to other smart watches
Usage of the old chip (I should note that in the couple of days that i had it, the processor seemed fine to me; but the fact that they used a 4 year old chip on a state of the art watch pissed the **** out of me. What ever their reasoning might have been. I couldn't comprehend their choice.

I was so blinded by the looks that i ignored them until i owned it. Finally i decided not to break my principals based on looks and returned it. I was looking for a more fitness oriented smartwatch since the beginning and the sony seems like a better fit. i just don't understand why it doesn't have a heart rate monitor???
Anyways i hope the release date is correct and the device works as advertised, because i have been waiting a long time to get a watch and frankly cant wait anymore. fingers crossed.

Tonio78370

Mar 5, 2009
Near Paris
I'm hesitating, the 360 is Frickin neat but I had both Sony watches and they were both damned good. I guess I'll wait to see what owners say about the Sony SW3 before I decide.

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

king conan

Jan 20, 2010
Confirmed with Sony that the SW3 does not have wifi.

It was planned but the final version loses that feature. Probably Google did not support it.

O__VER

Oct 11, 2014
Already posted, in exclusive the picture of the metal version here in XDA.

Hey I'm new here and I'm not sure what this means. I've been trying to find an image of the metal one for ages but I have had no luck. Do you mean that there was an image of it posted somewhere on here?

king conan

Jan 20, 2010
This is the pic

38ae71bedaab6a5e5c4fbce9c15ab668.jpg

O__VER

Oct 11, 2014
Thanks guys, much appreciated. That does look quite nice so I think I'll wait on the metal version. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the pic

38ae71bedaab6a5e5c4fbce9c15ab668.jpg
    Found some pictures and testresults LINK in the XDA forum of the SW3 Metal, ITS REAL :)
    Give the guy some credits!

I made some screengrabs of the pics for you guys!

And WIFI seems to be there aswell... At least, WIFI enabled! I think for transferring data from computer to the watch instead of usb cable...

Tried to colorbalance a bit, its not that accurate though but gives an possible idea of color ;)
    WiFi will be enabled in future firmware update
    Yes, nCoder posted one a few days ago. I can't post links, just check his post history (september 24th).
    It's not fixed. You can buy the metal strap in the future.