Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] What's the main reason for you to choose the Sony Smartwatch 3?

OP nCoder

28th October 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 60

665 posts
More
In my case,
1. Battery life: I wake up at 6 and go to bed at midnight. The bigger battery, and the transreflective display gives me some peace of mind that I'll not worry that my smartwatch will die when I need it. Also, love the idea of monitoring my sleep and setting an alarm to wake me up at the ideal time (instead of being in the table recharging).

2. Square display: Although round watch faces look classy, I don't like the idea of wasting screen real state for a fancier look.

3. Android Wear: Definitely Google got it right (Unlike Samsung or Apple). A smartwatch complements the smartphone (not replace its features). Simplicity to dismiss discretely notifications, or get directions while using the smartphone for other purpose, or keeping it in your pocket whithout the hassle of picking it up every time I get another notification.

4. Display: As an Ingress player, I'm frequently outside. Sunlight can make most screens difficult to read, or waste too much energy to give maximum luminosity. Transreflective display uses the ambient light, making it perfectly readable at direct sun light and saving energy.
28th October 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

191 posts
My reason is the mix of fitness watch for running + multimedia (music) without the phone. If that is a BIG YES, all the other features for the rest of the day are welcome but not the main reason to wear it.
The Following User Says Thank You to king conan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 33

43 posts
More
For me it would be:
  1. The builtin GPS: ability to hace mapa on the watch even without a phone, or with the phone in a bag or somewhere else with poor reception
  2. Reflective LCD: The benefits of a color screen without the disadvantages of a backlighted one (e.g. no always on, too-bright in the dark, etc.)
  3. microUSB port: no stupid dock that breaks/get lost easily, no proprietary magnetic charging, no fiddling required to get a USB console.
The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

152 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king conan

My reason is the mix of fitness watch for running + multimedia (music) without the phone. If that is a BIG YES, all the other features for the rest of the day are welcome but not the main reason to wear it.

+1
30th October 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 29

88 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrshm

+1

GPS, GPS, GPS, GPS....

oh and i a regular USB port as I travel allot and dont want to lug around a stupid charger base
The Following User Says Thank You to gs05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread