No.1 Sun S2 Circular Dial

Search This thread

spriteboost

Dec 4, 2012
Romeo Michigan
No.1 Sun S2 Bluetooth 3.0 Smart Watch Heart Rate Monitor with Circular Dial Replaceable Strap

Circular display watch fits my fancy :D

Right now if you pre-order it you get an extra strap which I think is awesome. I personally got the silver metal one. I would of gotten the black metal one they just added those and more expensive with no extra leather strap :-\

Looks promising bluetooth 3.0 (wish 4.0 or 4.1 not sure on the latest), heart rate monitor, pedometer, 1.3MP camera, and ip67 waterproof( so hopefully decent, enough so you don't have to take it off all the time to do something water related.) I'm hopeful its a circular display with flat tire bottom which I personally wish they'd get rid of but somehow that stuck with the big makers, so it's here for the knock offs too :-\. I also wish they'd get rid of the camera, and add gps to it instead for better fitness tracking. I read about the other smart-watches with camera's and they have something along the lines of 5 fps videos and just plain horrid quality. Which is understandable it's a wrist watch don't think they need a camera, especially if you have the smartphone with you. I plan on doing a video review so I'll add that when I get my grubby little hands on it (so a month after june 13th lol knowing Chinese delivery :-/).

Here is the specs of the device:
Specifications

Hardware
Brand: No.1
Built-in chip type: MT6260
Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 3.0
Waterproof: YES
Waterproof Rating: IP67

Functions
Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Dialing, phonebook
Messaging: Message reminder
Health tracker: Heart rate monitor, Pedometer
Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
Notification: Yes

Screen
Screen size: 1.33 inch

Camera
Camera pixel: 1.3MP

Battery
Battery capacity: 350mAh
Standby time: About 90 hours

General
People: Unisex watch

Dial and Band
Shape of the dial: Circular
Case material: Metal
Band material: Leather

Features
Language: English, Simplified/TraditionalChinese
Available color: Silver, Black

Weight and Size
The dial thickness: 1.4 cm / 0.55 inches
The dial diameter: 4.8 cm / 1.89 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 12 x 10 x 8 cm / 4.72 x 3.93 x 3.14 inches
Product weight: 0.090 kg
Package weight: 0.300 kg

Package contents
Package contents: 1 x No.1 Sun S2 Bluetooth 3.0 Smart Watch, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Chinese and English Manual, 1 x Leather Band

Here's where I pre-ordered mine from: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_189365.html?vip=30903
If you want that is my referral link otherwise you can go to www.gearbest.com and search for Sun S2, should bring it up right away.

Just wanted to add the video gearbest has:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiaWsSIh1o
Another video of the watch mine hasn't been shipped out yet tho:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9O0iJ0E1FE

Found another image of a full circular display on banggood.com I'm hoping they implemented this we will soon find out.
Link: http://www.banggood.com/NO_1-SUN-S2...oof-Bluetooth-Smart-Watch-Phone-p-978145.html (couldn't just copy the image from them or else I would of done this instead :-/)
Images toward the bottom of the page.

My unboxing
https://youtu.be/SJOMGI5Y6nY
My review of the watch ( I'll try getting an updated one with trying out the features maybe I was to negative on them right away.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhW7ZTuNbVw

waterproof test not mine I may make one though it's done by No.1 I believe so yea I'll think about it possibly.
https://youtu.be/N2JYbgg25AQ

Last edited:
Reactions: dragon2knight

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
I had also ordered one last week. Did you find any video with the interface looks? Only one video so far without any wristband.

The notifications looks similar to android wear right? Hopefully scrolling with motion is also included. I have ordered the silver metal one but i also like the black metal one. Had to make a choice haha

spriteboost

Dec 4, 2012
Romeo Michigan
Yea that's only video I've seen so far. From what I've seen the notifications do look similar I'm guessing it won't veer to much off course. I don't know why they won't just install an android watch os on it isn't google's android os open source? Maybe not enough ram for it not sure. But yea your guess is as good as mine for now. Did you order regular shipping or expedited, I opted for the regular so I don't expect it till July hopefully in time for my birthday (self birthday present lol). From what I've read of other nock off's the extra features don't work super great so I'll be happy if it functions as a watch. since I have time this summer maybe I'll take a stab at developing it doubt I'll make any progress but worth a try, since it is a cheap nock off device good learning platform I guess sorta lol nexus device would better lol.

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
I ordered regular shipment i guess, had no option or at least didn't see one.

The no. 1 g2 (same brand) was actually pretty good and they say new models are most time better (they learn from their mistakes hehe)

The interface lools a hell like this one and also the bottom looks the same, see:

https://youtu.be/L6k7B_CJZgU

spriteboost

Dec 4, 2012
Romeo Michigan
Yeah that does look similar, as for them learning from prior devices not sure lol. I'm hopeful it'll be similar to the g2 i've read decent things about it so that'd be nice to have a little better one than it. I've also asked them if i can switch my silver one with metal band for the black and black metal band one and the leather strap, if not then I'll just stick with the silver one and leather band, it's always nice having 2 bands in case though. I'm sure they'll be really cheap anyway to buy after the fact but don't feel like waiting another month or paying more for it locally so nice option.

jwhood

Mar 4, 2011
baltimore,md
Yeah I ordered silver one from tiny deals.com and hope too get it by mid June,they said that it will ship out by the 5th,but since the demand is so high they moved the delivery date up to the 15th of June also got regular shipping 15-30 days!!!

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Look at the pictures of the woman's with the watch wearing. It's not that very big in my opinion. I don't have skinny arms :)

http://en.001phone.cn/product-no-1-sun-smartwatch-100.html

You do realize that every one of those images is shopped right? So unless the woman in the first image has an +8in wrist (which is larger than most men BTW) it would never look like that. This is a 48mm watch that's has almost the exact same lug to lug distance as the S2 on a 7.5in wrist

2011-03-29_10-59-18_918.jpg

BTW this is what the same watch looks like on a typical woman's 6.25in wrist
IMG_20110207_143856.jpg

Last edited:

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
You do realize that every one of those images is shopped right? So unless the woman in the first image has an +8in wrist (which is larger than most men BTW) it would never look like that. This is a 48mm watch that's has almost the exact same lug to lug distance as the S2 on a 7.5in wrist

2011-03-29_10-59-18_918.jpg

BTW this is what the same watch looks like on a typical woman's 6.25in wrist
IMG_20110207_143856.jpg
I think it's a personal taste. I like big watches :)

Reactions: PolishPoet

mitigator

Oct 7, 2014
Watch compatability with i phone?

[
QUOTE=spriteboost;61040450]No.1 Sun S2 Bluetooth 3.0 Smart Watch Heart Rate Monitor with Circular Dial Replaceable Strap

Circular display watch fits my fancy :D

Right now if you pre-order it you get an extra strap which I think is awesome. I personally got the silver metal one. I would of gotten the black metal one they just added those and more expensive with no extra leather strap :-\

Looks promising bluetooth 3.0 (wish 4.0 or 4.1 not sure on the latest), heart rate monitor, pedometer, 1.3MP camera, and ip67 waterproof( so hopefully decent, enough so you don't have to take it off all the time to do something water related.) I'm hopeful its a circular display with flat tire bottom which I personally wish they'd get rid of but somehow that stuck with the big makers, so it's here for the knock offs too :-\. I also wish they'd get rid of the camera, and add gps to it instead for better fitness tracking. I read about the other smart-watches with camera's and they have something along the lines of 5 fps videos and just plain horrid quality. Which is understandable it's a wrist watch don't think they need a camera, especially if you have the smartphone with you. I plan on doing a video review so I'll add that when I get my grubby little hands on it (so a month after june 13th lol knowing Chinese delivery :-/).

Here is the specs of the device:
Specifications

Hardware
Brand: No.1
Built-in chip type: MT6260
Bluetooth version: Bluetooth 3.0
Waterproof: YES
Waterproof Rating: IP67

Functions
Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder, Dialing, phonebook
Messaging: Message reminder
Health tracker: Heart rate monitor, Pedometer
Remote control: Music remote, Camera remote
Notification: Yes

Screen
Screen size: 1.33 inch

Camera
Camera pixel: 1.3MP

Battery
Battery capacity: 350mAh
Standby time: About 90 hours

General
People: Unisex watch

Dial and Band
Shape of the dial: Circular
Case material: Metal
Band material: Leather

Features
Language: English, Simplified/TraditionalChinese
Available color: Silver, Black

Weight and Size
The dial thickness: 1.4 cm / 0.55 inches
The dial diameter: 4.8 cm / 1.89 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 12 x 10 x 8 cm / 4.72 x 3.93 x 3.14 inches
Product weight: 0.090 kg
Package weight: 0.300 kg

Package contents
Package contents: 1 x No.1 Sun S2 Bluetooth 3.0 Smart Watch, 1 x USB Cable, 1 x Chinese and English Manual, 1 x Leather Band

Here's where I pre-ordered mine from: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_189365.html?vip=30903
If you want that is my referral link otherwise you can go to www.gearbest.com and search for Sun S2, should bring it up right away.

Just wanted to add the video gearbest has:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiaWsSIh1o

Found another image of a full circular display on banggood.com I'm hoping they implemented this we will soon find out.
Link: http://www.banggood.com/NO_1-SUN-S2...oof-Bluetooth-Smart-Watch-Phone-p-978145.html (couldn't just copy the image from them or else I would of done this instead :-/)
Images toward the bottom of the page.[/QUOTE]

Does this watch work with i phone 5s i.e. does it work with iOS?

spriteboost

Dec 4, 2012
Romeo Michigan
Not sure if it would. Personally from what I've read about other smartwatches it seems like a few functions don't work like use it to wirelessly shoot pictures, and a few other ones. So some features you would have to live without. Get out of apple ;) easiest way unless you're way to heavily invested in the apps :-\ otherwise you'll probably be stuck with only applewear. Sorry can't help much more don't have mine yet to possibly test it out.

mitigator

Oct 7, 2014
As well as some features not working i believe Bluetooth 3.0, as this watch has, doesn't play well with IOS. The new Zgpax s360 http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-22inch-Bluetooth-Circular-Android-Smartphones-Rose-Gold/dp/B00XW0RXEQ looks a better bet to me if you want a round dial. It's Bluetooth 4.0 and a fair bit smaller

Thanks for the replies. I checked with a supplier (Tiny Deal) and they say that: Can receive the Twitter,Facebook,skype,whatsapp.(Only for Android phones) but the rest of the watch functions should work for iOS. The U8 pro watch has similar limitations and does work & sync with i phone 5s.

PolishPoet

Aug 14, 2011
As well as some features not working i believe Bluetooth 3.0, as this watch has, doesn't play well with IOS. The new Zgpax s360 http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-22inch-Bluetooth-Circular-Android-Smartphones-Rose-Gold/dp/B00XW0RXEQ looks a better bet to me if you want a round dial. It's Bluetooth 4.0 and a fair bit smaller
I think it's ugly compared to the S2. Icons on the screen are Kutzy too. I'll stick with the S2. And s fat as iPhone compatible. Apple doesn't like anything but Apple, that's why you have to pay 549 for their metal watch. It dies have a couple more features but they are not worth that much extra. Apple uses a buffering Bluetooth format that everyone else that's why some functions don't worth. Get rid of the iPhone and get with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every time I press the temperature reading on the no1 sun s2 watch it reads 37.4 degrees celcius which is close to 100 degrees farenheit!! This is impossible in an air conditioned house. So I am assuming this reading on the s2 watch is highly inaccurate? Does anyone else get a remotely accurate reading on temperature with this watch? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

The reading gives YOUR temperature, not the room temperature.
    No not yet,I ordered mine on may 21st and 17track still says its in transit last scan was leaving China on 6/28 haven't heard nothing,I just seen that video and it looked decent on guy in video,if I get mine I'll post a video also if I get mine before you do!!!
    Not sure if it would. Personally from what I've read about other smartwatches it seems like a few functions don't work like use it to wirelessly shoot pictures, and a few other ones. So some features you would have to live without. Get out of apple ;) easiest way unless you're way to heavily invested in the apps :-\ otherwise you'll probably be stuck with only applewear. Sorry can't help much more don't have mine yet to possibly test it out.
    Yeah mine shipped as well now the 2 + week wait for it to get to Australia
    My order just shipped out today will keep everyone posted!!!
    Hi, mine too... ?