Advice on what smart phone to buy

OP hardwirk1

2nd September 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 4

55 posts
More
I am looking for a smart watch. I want to be able to use it as a standalone music player and use google now. I have done my research (internet and xda forum) and I havenít seen a good watch that meets both criteria. From my research it appears that a Tizen allows a Gear to act as a stand-alone music player but prohibits the use of Google Now/Android Wear.
From what I have read the Null Rom will let me use Google Now (I do believe) but I canít use it as a stand-alone music player.
Have I missed anything? Your help would be appreciated.
4th September 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 40

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwirk1

I am looking for a smart watch. I want to be able to use it as a standalone music player and use google now. I have done my research (internet and xda forum) and I havenít seen a good watch that meets both criteria. From my research it appears that a Tizen allows a Gear to act as a stand-alone music player but prohibits the use of Google Now/Android Wear.
From what I have read the Null Rom will let me use Google Now (I do believe) but I canít use it as a stand-alone music player.
Have I missed anything? Your help would be appreciated.

I've been away (from the XDA Smartwatch forum) for two months and not much has changed, understandable, but 2014 will be the smartwatch year.

I've been waiting for a decent Standalone too. The new Gear S seems very good, but the battery life (two days) seems poor, because its usual half of that or less.

The inWatch Z seems like a good overall watch, but its 2G, not really IP67 (or whatever it claims to be) but its the best so far, with a good battery life.

Other alternative is to watch out for the Chinese/Shenzhen clones as some of them are proving to be better then the originals, but most usually lack firmware updates.

I've made a standalone and clones/Shenzhen watches thread, hopefully it'll be easier to spot new ones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread