Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is the IK8 the right one for me?

Tip us?

tamonez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is the IK8 the right one for me?

My intent is to have a small android device that I can run Pandora on. I currently own a Nexus 7 2013 on T-mobile. I'd like to be able to swap the sim card in that into a smart watch and couple it with a wireless bluetooth adapter so I can use my in-ear monitors and listen to Pandora when I'm at the gym or out jogging.

Am I looking at the right watch for my needs? Comments and recommendations appreciated (for either device). Thank you!

Robson
Old
Thanks Meter 19
i picked up an ik8 while in hong kong, posted a short review here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711623

though i haven't tried pandora on it as my purpose for the watch is for gps while strapped on the handlebar of my bike. the only thing you might need getting used to is the small keyboard that pops up when you type something. though as i've said in my review, you'll get used to it and the screen is quite responsive. i'm not too sure about using it in rainy weather though.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Xperia Play, iPhone 4 (office phone) and the same Nokia 8850 from 1999
HTC HD2 (T-Mobile), HTC Desire
HTC Touch Pro 2
Dopod U1000
Nokia N95 (remind me never to go back to Symbian)
Mio A701
XDA2
XDA1
Ericsson - something
Motorola - something
Trium Mondo
Nokia 8850 - 1999
Nokia 8810

tamonez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
i picked up an ik8 while in hong kong, posted a short review here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2711623

though i haven't tried pandora on it as my purpose for the watch is for gps while strapped on the handlebar of my bike. the only thing you might need getting used to is the small keyboard that pops up when you type something. though as i've said in my review, you'll get used to it and the screen is quite responsive. i'm not too sure about using it in rainy weather though.

I saw your post on that other thread. It's one of the main reasons why I considered this watch. I don't think the keyboard would be an issue if I can get logged in as I usually stick to my saved stations. Would you let me know if you decide to install Pandora and how it goes of you do?