(You can find more reviews on my Youtube channel, I have also tested another smartwatch called PW305)
MEGA Review 30 minutes
The Smartwatch K2 W100 has many names in the internet. It is also known as Ansmart Swatch Universal Smart Watch, Star Kingelon K2 or Star E2602. They may differ in little bit in the software. But the one I got has weather for the whole world, full keyboard and a lot of languages.
From where did you get your version of the watch?
If your interested in this watch, check the info in the video description (in the unboxing video in the top) on Youtube.
Before I can say if this watch is good or not, I have to test it some more. But the design and materials are very close to the real Samsung Galaxy Gear. My first impression of it was "wow" because it offers really many features and options. Like full Android 4.2.2 OS, built-in camera, radio, wifi, bt, ftp, music player etc. But of course the watch is just a nice toy.
I can pair my BT keyboard with the watch, and then I can use that to type. Works perfect! also I can with no problem disable the BT keyboard again if not needed in the settings of the watch. Just like on any other normal phone.
It can be rooted very easy and fast with http://www.shuame.com/en/root/ (Root Genius tool).
This should be pretty safe, and even after a factory reset of the watch, it will still be rooted. But still you do this by your own risk!
The watch doesnt come with the Play store, but I managed to install the Play store myself on the watch and it works 100% without errors. But it requires ROOT. Also I have installed Aptoide (alternative app store). I have tried Google Music app, Temple Run 1, Antutu and Flappy Bird, all these works great. I even got Youtube and Facebook to work!
Steps how to install the Play Store
(Batterylife without any Gapps installed is really good, but as soon you install Gapps it will reduce batterylife dramatic.)
1. Root the watch using http://www.shuame.com/en/root/
2. Download the GoogleInstallerR.apk here http://www.mediafire.com/download/9l...InstallerR.apk
3. Download also this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/m0...pps-s7yler.rar
4. Copy "GoogleInstallerR.apk" to the watch, install it on the watch, after that you need to run the app from the app drawer on the watch called "GoogleInstaller" and check or install all the Gapps. You can also install the Play Store with that one, maps, gmail, etc.
5. If the Play Store can be startet and works for you then your good! If not or if the Play Store crashes or gives error then, unpack the Gapps-s7yler.rar (from step 3) and install first the "Google Account Manager APK" file on the watch after that also install the "GooglePlay.Installer(ALL-Colors).apk" on the watch, when that one is installed you need to run "Installer cracked Google Play" from the app drawer, inside the app choose "Modded Google Play Original Style", and then press the button "Install and Reboot".
6. After a fresh reboot, try the Play Store (maybe you need to sign in) again and it should work without errors or problems!
- MTK6572, Cortex A7 dual core, 1.2GHz
- GPU: Mali-400
- ROM 4GB / RAM 512B (about 1.1Gb internal memory usable)
- Full colour touch screen 320 x 240 pixels
- Wallpapers can be changed
- Volume & ringtone control
- LED notifications
- Real Android OS 4.2.2
- Weather for the whole world
- Customizable clocks
- Customizable UI / color or simple
- Gesture shortcuts
- Built-in Camera (5 mp) / video & pics
- Bluetooth FTP transfer
- With speaker & mic
- Music player (local and remote)
- It has Developer's options and USB Debugging
- Antilost & find my device
- Works only together with an Android smartphone (has no simcard built-in).
- The original Gear only works for Samsung phones, this one works for almost all Android phones!
Some few cons:
I would wish that the screen on the K2 was a little bit bigger, the PW305 has a bigger screen but overall the same size
The viewing angle on the screen from the sides, or in horizontal mode is not that good, straight front it is good
The lens on the camera is just put on with some tape, you may glue it on better
Speaker quality is not the greatest, but it is okay
While you have a conversation, and you need to use the dialer, it can lag a little bit
The "hang on" button after a conversation can also sometimes lag a little bit
Not all Play Store games or app will work, some work other don't
The "gesture auto screen on" does not always work for me
The bluetooth range could be a lot better, seems only to be 4-5 meters max
Batterylife without any Gapps installed is really good, but as soon you install Gapps it will reduce batterylife dramatic.
7400 pretty nice for a watch
Antutu tells me that it has these sensors
Ambient Temperature Sensor
Relative Humidity Sensor
Hi-res Flickr pictures can be seen here:
My camera samples from the camera (5 megapixels)
More pictures here:
Here a Video sample/test done by the built-in camera in the watch. You can only do small clips in 15 to max 300 seconds. The video quality is not high, but it is possible to see what it is, and of course it is with sound