Review of WeLoop Tommy smartwatch, w/lots of pics! - re-inventing the Pebble wheel :)

OP vectron

20th October 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #391  
Thanks Meter: 9

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackman99

I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.

I'd be interested to hear more about cleaning up Whatsapp notifications with Tasker if you have a spare few minutes to reply?

Also hoping to pair the watch with a OnePlus rather than my current Nexus 4. But i'm still trying to hunt down an invite for one (so if anyone has an invite spare and wants to help me out, that would be amazing!)

Pretty simple actually, look into the correct variable naming though since I'm winging it in this post.
Get tasker and whatstask plugin.

Profile in tasker; State - plugin - whatstask
Task in tasker;
if %whatstaskgroupname is set
notify %wgroupname - %wname - %wtext
else
notify %wname - %wtext
end if
wait 1 second
notify cancel

Set weloop to not catch whatsapp, and catch tasker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andjan1964

A tasker app on the watch would be great.

Unlikely, the watch doesnt appear to be designed for apps. Yet pushing info (one-way) to the phone is easy with tasker.
The Following User Says Thank You to weirder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #392  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
it's don't compatible with a smartphone android with bluetooth 2.0
Only support Bluetooth 4.0 smartphone with Android4.4 and iOS 7..
20th October 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #393  

26 posts
@weirder: I`ve fiddled around with it for a bit (not familiar with tasker, nor programming etc). It would be awesome if you could assist with some more info and/or screenshots, for other users too.
@bushjasen: yes, android 4.3+ and bt 4.0 are the minimal requirements.
20th October 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #394  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,104

2,831 posts
Well, today is my 22nd day on a single battery charge and I still have 35% of battery left!!!!!!! I think I'm going for a full month of use on a single battery charge!!! Keep in mind, firmware was updated prior to the last full battery charge. I noticed that going through firmware updates and watchface updates does take a toll on your battery.

Setting is Backlight - Nite, Motion - Nite, Night - On, Fitness - OFF (I had it on for the first week, but have no use for it so turned it off to extend battery), Anti-Loss - OFF. Obviously screen is always on, using one of the custom watchfaces. Also, in these 22 days I didn't control music playback or camera. Notifications include my phone calls, my txt messages, calendar appointments/reminders, Whatsapp, and 5 email accounts. Running FW 3.14 and the last official Playstore version 1.25.3520 with watch always connected 24-7. My phone is Note 2 with a stock 4.4.2.

This is simply amazing for a battery life. I already forgot where is my charging cable lol!!! Btw, waiting for a second replacement one from dx.com, just in case.
20th October 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #395  

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daanwassenaar

@weirder: I`ve fiddled around with it for a bit (not familiar with tasker, nor programming etc). It would be awesome if you could assist with some more info and/or screenshots, for other users too.
@bushjasen: yes, android 4.3+ and bt 4.0 are the minimal requirements.

I suggest looking into the manual from whatstask. Should point you in the right direction. I only have my phone available this week since im travelling so im not gonna be of much help to you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st October 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #396  

76 posts
Just saw this image at Gearbest. Havent seen those watchfaces... Even a picture in one. That's new.. Did anyone else see any more examples?

New watchfaces
21st October 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #397  

76 posts
For cleaning up the the google now stuff. Just to get rid of the weather and time till home cards ( since they update a few times a day)

Get tasker autonotification, make a profile catching google search notifications and add the following task

It is followed by an End if.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1413915741065.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (45.3 KB, 119 views)
Yesterday, 06:20 PM   |  #398  

26 posts
weirder, I've set 2 whatstasker profiles. the first to read received messages to me when my headset is plugged in and the second to intercept and edit notifications like you described.
Could it be possible these two are conflicting ?
Yesterday, 06:33 PM   |  #399  
Flag Plzen
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
watches for sale
Hi guys,

i will sell my tommy watch,battery life is max.24 hours and after 3 weeks i didīt got any answer from DX
The Following User Says Thank You to otamraz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:57 PM   |  #400  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otamraz

Hi guys,

i will sell my tommy watch,battery life is max.24 hours and after 3 weeks i didīt got any answer from DX

Try again.. They send to me a new one

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread