FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Review of WeLoop Tommy smartwatch, w/lots of pics! - re-inventing the Pebble wheel :)

15th April 2015, 07:03 PM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melficeapollo

Just wanted to say I bought a WeLoop Tommy after reading this. When it arrived, I got rid of my gen1 Pebble watch. I IMMEDIATELY REGRET MY DECISION OF BUYING THIS CHINESE JUNK. be smart, get a pebble, get a moto, sony, Samsung watch, just DON'T EVER BUY THIS.

1-you expected the pebble to be inferior for some reason... this in all regards is a clone
2-you probably don't have the right beta on it. i'm not saying the given software is perfect by any means... but I can't really complain for the price.
3-i'm hopeful for the opensource option. that's when things will get real nice.

15th April 2015, 07:07 PM |#812  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkall

1-you expected the pebble to be inferior for some reason... this in all regards is a clone
2-you probably don't have the right beta on it. i'm not saying the given software is perfect by any means... but I can't really complain for the price.
3-i'm hopeful for the opensource option. that's when things will get real nice.

The pebble is inferior in one and only one aspect. The WeLoop has a native pedometer whereas the Pebble requires a third party app thus draining more battery. I guess based off of that and it's promising battery life I hoped to get more out of the WeLoop. I was wrong lol
16th April 2015, 12:40 PM |#813  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by melficeapollo

Just wanted to say I bought a WeLoop Tommy after reading this. When it arrived, I got rid of my gen1 Pebble watch. I IMMEDIATELY REGRET MY DECISION OF BUYING THIS CHINESE JUNK. be smart, get a pebble, get a moto, sony, Samsung watch, just DON'T EVER BUY THIS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55769631

Last October I said "time will tell" if WeLoop deliver... they haven't so far.

It's a similar story with most of these Chinese clone types. The SmartQ watch being the only exception that I can think of. The way to change things is too not accept the lies and challenge them as a big group.

WeLoop or WeFlop?
16th April 2015, 03:03 PM |#814  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I'd be much more concerned if the open source project wasn't zipping along nicely... at the pace that guy is working at we should have something pretty awesome at some point soon.
16th April 2015, 11:51 PM |#815  
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
Smile
Good news, WeLoop Tommy Watchface Creator new version released!

Changelog:
2015/04/17 [v1.8.9]
* New feature: add a background image to watchface
* New setting: set custom locations for the digits
* Small changes in design
* Bug fixes

Screenshots:

Download links are in first post. (link)

Please hit the Thanks button to let me know it works without problems, or if you encounter a problem, please tell me.
Last edited by fcsabika; 16th April 2015 at 11:54 PM.
24th April 2015, 06:20 PM |#816  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Seems like firmware version 3.19 is now out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread