Ask a question

No registration required

Casio gshock Bluetooth

OP markyboy81

12th October 2013, 12:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

218 posts
I'm not really sure whether these are truly classed as smartwatches, maybe more of a gshock with a few extra features.
I thought I'd take the plunge and buy one of these as the gshock range has always appealed to me, and recently the watch has become compatible with the galaxy s4.
First impressions are very good, a very nice looking, light watch that works as described.
The Bluetooth features work well, although it relies on the gshock+ app, which is a bit limited. At the moment you can receive notifications for SMS, email,Facebook,twitter and incoming calls.
What really appealed to me is the promised 2 year battery life, which sets this apart from all the other 'smartwatches' and is waterproof up to 200m.
Definitely worth considering if you don't need heaps of features.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free
Last edited by markyboy81; 12th October 2013 at 12:14 PM.
12th October 2013, 10:30 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,299

3,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy81

I'm not really sure whether these are truly classed as smartwatches, maybe more of a gshock with a few extra features.
I thought I'd take the plunge and buy one of these as the gshock range has always appealed to me, and recently the watch has become compatible with the galaxy s4.
First impressions are very good, a very nice looking, light watch that works as described.
The Bluetooth features work well, although it relies on the gshock+ app, which is a bit limited. At the moment you can receive notifications for SMS, email,Facebook,twitter and incoming calls.
What really appealed to me is the promised 2 year battery life, which sets this apart from all the other 'smartwatches' and is waterproof up to 200m.
Definitely worth considering if you don't need heaps of features.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Can you provide a link to the one you bought, by chance? I was actually looking at these yesterday, but due to the sheer number of them, wasn't sure quite where to begin.
12th October 2013, 11:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

218 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

Can you provide a link to the one you bought, by chance? I was actually looking at these yesterday, but due to the sheer number of them, wasn't sure quite where to begin.

I have the 6900aa although there's a newer version out now, the 6900b that has some improved features, such as controlling your music from the watch, and setting the timer and alarm from the phone. However, the only way I'd be able to get hold of one, being in the UK, would be to order from Japan.
Feel free to ask if there's anything else you want to know
Here's a link to the site as well;
http://world.g-shock.com/uk/en/ble/products/v1.html

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
30th November 2013, 08:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Kay El
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
[QUOTE=markyboy81;46415400]I have the 6900aa although there's a newer version out now, the 6900b that has some improved features, such as controlling your music from the watch, and setting the timer and alarm from the phone. However, the only way I'd be able to get hold of one, being in the UK, would be to order from Japan.

Aha.... I have been searching for this thread. I kinda like the newes generation of casio bluetooth watch. Coz of the extra funtionality on it.
But its seems to be work only with samsung device n offcorse d iphone. Im using sony z1, love to get it.
Can somebody tell me how i wanna suit the Gshock + to a sony device? Coz the app are not compatible to my phone, so maybe some mod for the app. N what kind of mod have to be done?i really want to have it.
Thanks in advance.
1st December 2013, 02:21 AM   |  #5  
Flag Kay El

32 posts
More
Can someone kindly give me the apk of the gshock +.
1st December 2013, 11:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

218 posts
[QUOTE=salaskian;48004907]
Quote:

I have the 6900aa although there's a newer version out now, the 6900b that has some improved features, such as controlling your music from the watch, and setting the timer and alarm from the phone. However, the only way I'd be able to get hold of one, being in the UK, would be to order from Japan.

Aha.... I have been searching for this thread. I kinda like the newes generation of casio bluetooth watch. Coz of the extra funtionality on it.
But its seems to be work only with samsung device n offcorse d iphone. Im using sony z1, love to get it.
Can somebody tell me how i wanna suit the Gshock + to a sony device? Coz the app are not compatible to my phone, so maybe some mod for the app. N what kind of mod have to be done?i really want to have it.
Thanks in advance.

Does the z1 run 4.3? Because as far as I know the gshock app should now work with any phone running 4.3

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to markyboy81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2013, 11:10 AM   |  #7  
Flag Kay El

32 posts
More
Hurm. That make sense... Rite now im running 4.2.2. Its explain everything. Hehe. Thanks man.
But can the app been codec/string to running with 4.2.2?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Hurm. That make sense... Rite now im running 4.2.2. Its explain everything. Hehe. Thanks man.
4th December 2013, 08:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

218 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salaskian

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

I'm sure it can in theory because the old version of the app worked with the s4 when that was running 4.2, so 4.3 wasn't a requirement back then.

12th December 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #9  
Flag Kay El

32 posts
More
Quote:

I'm sure it can in theory because the old version of the app worked with the s4 when that was running 4.2, so 4.3 wasn't a requirement back then.

I have tried but no luck. Huhu.... Got to wait for d fon update to 4.3.
12th December 2013, 04:20 AM   |  #10  
Flag Kay El

32 posts
More
i think casio miss one think...... one function that might make this watch the complete smart watch.....
for me...
the camera snap botton and pick up or reject a call. if they make it, it will be awesome....
it is my opinion...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gshock bluetooth worl.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	2449441  

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread