FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Angry NO.1 G2 Smartwatch [REVEW & UNBOXING, WATERTEST] Sapphire Glass, Waterproof, MT2502A

12th December 2014, 10:47 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 437

Donate to Me
More
UNBOXING & REVIEW

WATERPROOF TEST

NO.1 the manufacture page: http://en.001phone.cn

Firmware G2 firmware AG2_NO1_LANGB_V1_2014_12_04_1 (fixes scrolling in popup menus)
http://en.001phone.cn/download-15.html

NO.1 G2 Smartwatch [REVIEW & UNBOXING] Sapphire Glass, Waterproof - Samsung Galaxy Gear Clone?
Make calls, see text messages, synchronization time weather, photo camera, call logs, contacts. Independent music player, heart rate sensor, pedometer exercise can also connect a bluetooth headset to listen to independent music inside the watch, etc.

Specifications:
- MT2502A
- Sapphire Glass - better than Corning Gorilla Glass
- Bluetooth 4.0, connects to iOS and Android
- Waterproof IP67
- 1.54-inch TFT screen 240x240
- Heart rate monitor, pedometer, find device
- Battery 350 mAH
- Size: 36.9x58.4x10.0mm
- Additional apps can be installed on the watch from the phone!
- Whatsapp messages can be shown/received on the watch, but ONLY if they are pure text, if they contain a smiley or other graphics it will not be shown.

About the heart rate monitor - the results seems to be a little doubtful IMO. So I don't know if it is real or fake. Or maybe just not so accurate.

Cons:
- Does NOT run a full android OS. But the price is also very low!
- Camera is very low-res but it works
- It does NOT have an TV IR remote control.
- The Hear Rate is very doubtful, if it is real or just fake, many different results.
- It support vibration just like a phone
- MP3 music can not be stored on the watch, it can only play them of the phone via BT

Last edited by s7yler; 13th December 2014 at 01:29 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s7yler For This Useful Post: [ View ]

13th December 2014, 05:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks for the review! I have to admit that No. 1 are not the Chinese company I would normally turn towards for reliable hardware...

Two questions:
1. Could you provide camera samples?
2. Is it possible to make one's own watchfaces for this device?
13th December 2014, 10:52 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcaetron

No!

http://colonelzap.blogspot.de/2014/1...-hands-on.html
The Following User Says Thank You to ColonelZap For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 12:57 PM |#4  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 87

More
i assume that this watch will only stay connected if phone or media audio is enabled on the phone?
13th December 2014, 01:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlSX

i assume that this watch will only stay connected if phone or media audio is enabled on the phone?

It connects over Bluetooth 4.0, but it can also show the time without a connection. Or what do you exactly mean?
13th December 2014, 01:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcaetron

Thanks for the review! I have to admit that No. 1 are not the Chinese company I would normally turn towards for reliable hardware...

Two questions:
1. Could you provide camera samples?

1. Camera is VERY low-res. Only for fun pictures!
Here some samples
http://peecee.dk/uploads/122014/IMG0014A.jpg
http://peecee.dk/uploads/122014/IMG0011A.jpg

2. No, but you can install more Watchfaces on it. But only via the APK. From the benning there is 1 extra digital clock in the APK that is not on the watch from the beginning. But if you can make your own? no not so far, maybe someone in the future can hack something, or hopefully NO.1 will release more watch faces for it later, because the possibility to install more on the watch is there.
The Following User Says Thank You to s7yler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th December 2014, 01:56 PM |#7  
Flag Eindhoven

More
what i mean is, does it have to be connected using phone or media audio for notifications to work?

menu's and screen look very similar to the original u8 watch and that one will lose connection if you disable both phone and media audio on your phone
13th December 2014, 02:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

what i mean is, does it have to be connected using phone or media audio for notifications to work?

menu's and screen look very similar to the original u8 watch and that one will lose connection if you disable both phone and media audio on your phone

Yes because it does not have any SIM card itself, and music is played of the phone via BT, notifications also comes from the apps on the phone. So for notifications and audio it must be connected.
13th December 2014, 02:42 PM |#9  
Flag Eindhoven

More
that's not what i mean

the u8 doesn't have a sim card either

it connects through bluetooth with the phone
but because it has a microphone and speaker, it also acts as a headset

for the u8, you can not switch off both phone audio (going to the watch) AND media audio (like youtube)(going to the watch), because it will disconnect completely and not show notifications

is that the same for this watch?
13th December 2014, 03:00 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

that's not what i mean

the u8 doesn't have a sim card either

it connects through bluetooth with the phone
but because it has a microphone and speaker, it also acts as a headset

for the u8, you can not switch off both phone audio (going to the watch) AND media audio (like youtube)(going to the watch), because it will disconnect completely and not show notifications

is that the same for this watch?

As soon you connect a sound device (the watch) to BT on the phone, the sound will always go out to that device. If you switch off the audio to the connected BT device, the connection will be broken and nothing will be shown anymore, also not notifications - there is nothing like "only turn off audio". I don't see how that should work in another way?

If you don't want the watch to ring or disturb then just set it to silent ringing or vibrate only. And you can still get the notifications, because it is then still connected. But if you break the connection to the phone, nothing can be transferred to the watch, also not notifications.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
no.1, no.1 g2, sapphire, smart watch, smartwatch
Previous Thread Next Thread