FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Finow X3+ Battery Life help

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By the_lebanon_don, Junior Member on 23rd October 2016, 06:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got my new Finow X3+ watch this past week and although I'm really impressed with the look, speed and overall capability of the device, all of that means squat when it can't make it past 8 or 9 hours on a good day with very limited use (basically only checking the time and notifications with only BT tether and cell on, no WIFI).

Not sure if it was bad OTAs that I installed when I got it or what's going on but I think it has something to do with phone not sleeping..If anyone can give tips to save battery that you've found for unrooted x3+ please let me know.

Also does anyone know of a way to disable the pedometer hardware as I'm pretty sure that's the a big issue. Thanks guys

27th October 2016, 07:03 AM |#2  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1,266

Donate to Me
More
The cell network is the batt hogger. What do you expect from that tiny batt? Because Watch standby is perfect.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
27th October 2016, 10:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
It's true, since turning off cell service I can usually get almost a full day (7am-10pm) just using it as a companion watch with m2d but it's disappointing not being able to use it the way I thought I could.

But how are you getting 3.5 days on one charge? I don't think mine goes into full deep sleep possibly because pedometer always logging info? Please let me know if you know how to disable the pedometer constantly running since I'd rather use it and the Heart monitor on an "as needed" basis. Any help is appreciated.
29th October 2016, 08:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You have installed this update?
install update?
29th October 2016, 11:51 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Yea I did...should I not have installed it?
29th October 2016, 11:55 PM |#6  

More
I read that drains the battery, you've seen any change?
30th October 2016, 06:45 AM |#7  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 1,266

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lebanon_don

It's true, since turning off cell service I can usually get almost a full day (7am-10pm) just using it as a companion watch with m2d but it's disappointing not being able to use it the way I thought I could.

But how are you getting 3.5 days on one charge? I don't think mine goes into full deep sleep possibly because pedometer always logging info? Please let me know if you know how to disable the pedometer constantly running since I'd rather use it and the Heart monitor on an "as needed" basis. Any help is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madakite

I read that drains the battery, you've seen any change?

I'm on latest. That 3d standby I got by turning off all sensor. Specially GPS. that hogs. Also pedometer. Use them when u need.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
30th October 2016, 05:13 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Yea I noticed bit more drain after that OTA but not overheating like some others. Gonna try factory reset like sonia said
30th October 2016, 05:20 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I turned off GPS and WIFI and also ios notification which was big battery hog and it made big difference. How did you stop other sensors and pedometer though? I can't find those settings.
30th October 2016, 05:25 PM |#10  

More
As ios turn off notifications?
1st November 2016, 02:50 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madakite

As ios turn off notifications?

Yea I turned off the ios push notification like you're showing in your pic, was taking about 10% battery in mine too. It didn't have any effect on notifications from phone to watch cause I don't use iPhone. Saved good amount in battery too.

So you know how I can disable pedometer if that's possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)