Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Email Notifications

Tip us?

StuBFrost
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Email Notifications

Hi

I have a Samsung Note 3 and installed watchit which worked great with my SW2 to send email notifications (not gmail, just email client).

I decided to try watchify so I uninstalled watchit but that didn't seem to send email notifications so I uninstalled watchify and put watchit back on and now it doesn't work either. I also tried wristn and that also won't send email notifications even if I have it selected.

Is there anything I can do to get one of them to send email notifications as it quite clearly worked before but something is preventing it from working now.

Thanks

Stu

Co1967
Old
(Last edited by Co1967; 30th July 2014 at 12:45 PM.) Reason: delete this answer please
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBFrost View Post
Hi

I have a Samsung Note 3 and installed watchit which worked great with my SW2 to send email notifications (not gmail, just email client).

I decided to try watchify so I uninstalled watchit but that didn't seem to send email notifications so I uninstalled watchify and put watchit back on and now it doesn't work either. I also tried wristn and that also won't send email notifications even if I have it selected.

Is there anything I can do to get one of them to send email notifications as it quite clearly worked before but something is preventing it from working now.

Thanks

Stu
my answer is stupid ..
who can delete this answer ??

bast525
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

Stu
Go into Accessibility settings, make sure WatchIt is enabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nir36 View Post
lol. microsoft say everything they do is the next generation of things.
that doesn't mean it's a better generation

StuBFrost
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It is definitely enabled.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ascii32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Do you have enabled any powersaving options? Some batterysaver disable the connection. Othwewise there was the app from sony called email. It works fine. Or you take kmail with smartwatch extention for multiaccount.

StuBFrost
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I never changed any power saving options on my phone. As I mentioned, everything was working until I uninstalled watchit to try one of the other notifiers.

I looked at the Sony email but that doesn't work on non Sony phones.

dersie
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
I never changed any power saving options on my phone. As I mentioned, everything was working until I uninstalled watchit to try one of the other notifiers.

I looked at the Sony email but that doesn't work on non Sony phones.
There are some strange things with accessibility on all my phone. Sometime it stop to read notification. Often I must deactivate and reactivate to start work again. Other time I must deselect all other app in accessibility and revalidate one by one starting by the one I prefer....

I think that app wich work with "security" in place of "accessibility" works better.

Recently I installed a new app "AllNotify" and it seem works better than other my previous notification app, at this time I use just AllNotify and I deactivated Watchit to try.

StuBFrost
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks. I'll have a look at allnotify

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app