Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Voice Incoming Call Alerts - what do you use?

OP ElQuixote

30th August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

54 posts
More
For those that use Google Voice as their primary number and one of the 3rd party apps for calls (Groove IP, Spare Phone, Talkatone, etc.) how do you get alerts for incoming calls on your watch? Specifically I've got an SW2 and use Spare Phone.

There seem to be plenty of apps that provide notifications for incoming calls to the dialer, but Spare Phone only provides a notification when a call is missed. I'd like to get the alert while the call is still ringing so that I can answer it. I'm assuming I may have to find some way to use Tasker to force a notification that will pop up on my watch, but I'm hoping there is already something out there.

TIA
16th September 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElQuixote

For those that use Google Voice as their primary number and one of the 3rd party apps for calls (Groove IP, Spare Phone, Talkatone, etc.) how do you get alerts for incoming calls on your watch? Specifically I've got an SW2 and use Spare Phone.

There seem to be plenty of apps that provide notifications for incoming calls to the dialer, but Spare Phone only provides a notification when a call is missed. I'd like to get the alert while the call is still ringing so that I can answer it. I'm assuming I may have to find some way to use Tasker to force a notification that will pop up on my watch, but I'm hoping there is already something out there.

TIA

With the recent integration of Google Voice into Hangouts the notification I was seeking is no longer needed as Hangouts sends a notification during incoming call.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread