Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 48,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Smartwatch SW2 and Android 2.3.x

Tip us?

Miichaell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Smartwatch SW2 and Android 2.3.x

Hi, I have Smartwatch MN2 and looking on SW2. My phone is Xperia Play with Android 2.3.7 - I don't want to update to 4.0+, cause gaming with Xplay on ICS+ is horrible. I know that officialy is everywhere written you need Android 4.0+, but I want to know if watches cannot connect to Android 2.3 and really need ICS+ or if they could be connect well but some features and apps don't work on GB. I'm going to buy new phone in about a year or two probably, but now I still want my old Xplay cause playing on touchpads which is built into phone is simply ingenious

sigrokBlack
Old
(Last edited by sigrokBlack; 12th July 2014 at 01:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Try to download the official app from the playstore . If it works you could have a chance.
I think that there will be some things you can do because some bluetooth things were changed at 4.x. and a lot things are running at your phone , because the apps are running on your phone and not at your SW
Maybe you could try the SW at you your local store?

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miichaell View Post
Hi, I have Smartwatch MN2 and looking on SW2. My phone is Xperia Play with Android 2.3.7 - I don't want to update to 4.0+, cause gaming with Xplay on ICS+ is horrible. I know that officialy is everywhere written you need Android 4.0+, but I want to know if watches cannot connect to Android 2.3 and really need ICS+ or if they could be connect well but some features and apps don't work on GB. I'm going to buy new phone in about a year or two probably, but now I still want my old Xplay cause playing on touchpads which is built into phone is simply ingenious
nop this won't work because the watch needs the android 4.0+ bluetooth. i know a guy who tried it and the watch refused to work

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

RyanEJ25
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miichaell View Post
Might be time to upgrade....