No registration required

Smartwatch SW2 and Android 2.3.x

OP Miichaell

12th July 2014, 02:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
Hi, I have Smartwatch MN2 and looking on SW2. My phone is Xperia Play with Android 2.3.7 - I don't want to update to 4.0+, cause gaming with Xplay on ICS+ is horrible. I know that officialy is everywhere written you need Android 4.0+, but I want to know if watches cannot connect to Android 2.3 and really need ICS+ or if they could be connect well but some features and apps don't work on GB. I'm going to buy new phone in about a year or two probably, but now I still want my old Xplay cause playing on touchpads which is built into phone is simply ingenious
12th July 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Try to download the official app from the playstore . If it works you could have a chance.
I think that there will be some things you can do because some bluetooth things were changed at 4.x. and a lot things are running at your phone , because the apps are running on your phone and not at your SW
Maybe you could try the SW at you your local store?
Last edited by sigrokBlack; 12th July 2014 at 02:53 PM.
12th July 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 434

1,303 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miichaell

Hi, I have Smartwatch MN2 and looking on SW2. My phone is Xperia Play with Android 2.3.7 - I don't want to update to 4.0+, cause gaming with Xplay on ICS+ is horrible. I know that officialy is everywhere written you need Android 4.0+, but I want to know if watches cannot connect to Android 2.3 and really need ICS+ or if they could be connect well but some features and apps don't work on GB. I'm going to buy new phone in about a year or two probably, but now I still want my old Xplay cause playing on touchpads which is built into phone is simply ingenious

nop this won't work because the watch needs the android 4.0+ bluetooth. i know a guy who tried it and the watch refused to work

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #4  
Orange County
Thanks Meter: 22

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miichaell

Might be time to upgrade....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread