Originally Posted by jewnersey
Might pick up an sw2 for 100.
Just curious about app support.
Can I control google play music? As in navigate library etc.
What is phone control like.
What else can I do.. Sell it to me folks.. Thanks.
For $100 it's an awesome gadget. Compared to the smartwatches out right now it is a best-of-all-worlds device.
- Color touch screen.
- Perfectly visible in direct sunlight.
- Always-on watch face.
- Fully customizable watch faces.
- 3-4 day battery life.
- Non-proprietary charger.
- Water resistant.
- Compatible with any standard 24mm watchband.
- Large selection of apps in the app store.
- No hard limit on number of apps and watch faces you can have (unlike 4 or 8 limit with pebble).
- With the right apps, can forward any and all notifications from your phone.
- Can also display most widgets from your phone on your watch using remote widget app.
The only downsides depending on your point of view:
- Shorter battery life than pebble, still longer than almost any other smart watch
- No microphone or speaker
- Support may wane now that android wear is out, but so far holding steady
I got one for Christmas, and broke it two weeks ago. I went less than a week before buying another one, I liked it that much. Conversely, I had a pebble steel for three days and returned it.