Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SmartWatch 2 - Inside (PHOTOS)

Tip us?

hanosky
Old
(Last edited by hanosky; 14th August 2014 at 10:13 PM.) Reason: more conent
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Drive SmartWatch 2 - Inside (PHOTOS)

Have you ever wondered what's inside your SmartWatch 2 ? No need to google, you won't find. Here is what's inside. After a day from swiming pool some water got inside, no idea how , so I opened it to dry it because I couldn't turn it on. Now rests in dry rice, I will come back with and update if I could make it work again, also I need to find a way to glue the screen to the bottom / motherboard part ( 1st pic ) to make it waterproof again. I will keep you guys posted.

Motherboard
Display
Parts
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hanosky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kill_dano
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I had one break from diving in the ocean. The USB port is not a very good seal. Things like chlorine change the surface tension of water and may allow it to penetrate more than tap water.

I'm gonna be opening mine soon too. (I made a QI charging mod) but I want to see if I can put a coil on the inside, instead of the outside.

hanosky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Well, that can be true, the port doesn't supports the pressure more than 1 meter.

Now seems it is working again! I glued the screen with a black silicone, looks like new.

Nomad1600
Old
Thanks Meter 135
While I don't think swimming with the watch was the best idea... I am truly impressed by your repairs and getting the watch to work again. Congrats, and thanks for posting the pictures!
Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S III running AICP 5.0 (retired phone: HTC Thunderbolt running InfectedROM NuSense Eternity); Nexus 7 running SlimKat, HP TouchPad running Milaq CM11 nightly, Sony SmartWatch 2

hanosky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600 View Post
While I don't think swimming with the watch was the best idea... I am truly impressed by your repairs and getting the watch to work again. Congrats, and thanks for posting the pictures!
Yup that was not a good idea, it's good to take a shower it it, not for swimming at all. Yeah, thank you, that was a challenge to open it and dry it. First I tought I completely lost it ... but seems it wasn't like that.

kind3r
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So, the screen is glued to the front glass I'm figuring. I broke mine and I'm guessing I need to replace the whole screen.

Broken SW2 front glass

hanosky
Old
(Last edited by hanosky; 20th August 2014 at 10:15 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Yup, you are right, the front glass is glued to the screen / display. The only way will be to completely replace the front part (front glass and screen). Contact SONY Service and ask for a screen replacement, they will help you as long as you won't find replacement parts on eBay ... .

It would be great if you will keep us posted to see how you fix it.

bl00dy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanosky View Post
Have you ever wondered what's inside your SmartWatch 2 ? No need to google, you won't find. Here is what's inside. After a day from swiming pool some water got inside, no idea how , so I opened it to dry it because I couldn't turn it on. Now rests in dry rice, I will come back with and update if I could make it work again, also I need to find a way to glue the screen to the bottom / motherboard part ( 1st pic ) to make it waterproof again. I will keep you guys posted.

Motherboard
Display
Parts
actually it's on the first page when i google

http://www.mobiflip.de/sony-smartwat...teile-zerlegt/

and can you post with something other than dropbox? work blocks it...

*edit

got it on my fone