Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LightFlow finally supports the Sony SmartWatch 2

Tip us?

rickdesantis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up LightFlow finally supports the Sony SmartWatch 2

Hello guys! I'd like to report here that LightFlow finally supports the Sony SmartWatch 2! If you're already using it for handling the leds of your phone, you can also forward the notifications to the watch just selecting a checkbox.

Here's a link to the app: https :// play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow (sorry I don't have enough posts).

It works pretty smoothly, so give it a try!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdesantis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nomad1600
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdesantis View Post
Hello guys! I'd like to report here that LightFlow finally supports the Sony SmartWatch 2! If you're already using it for handling the leds of your phone, you can also forward the notifications to the watch just selecting a checkbox.

Here's a link to the app: https :// play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow (sorry I don't have enough posts).

It works pretty smoothly, so give it a try!
Can you help me understand how this work with the SW2? Does it replace existing notification extensions? Thanx!

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app
Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S III running AICP 5.0 (retired phone: HTC Thunderbolt running InfectedROM NuSense Eternity); Nexus 7, HP TouchPad running Milaq CM11 nightly, Sony SmartWatch 2

rickdesantis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600 View Post
Can you help me understand how this work with the SW2? Does it replace existing notification extensions? Thanx!

You can select for each of your application how it notifies you. For example, if you want to handle your Facebook's notifications, you can select the color and frequency of the led, the sound, the vibration, etc., but also you can now send the notification to your watch.

This is pretty neat, because a lot of events can be handled by that app: you could for example send a notification to your watch when your phone is fully charged, and so on.

Here's a screenshot for Facebook: http://i.imgur.com/rfvupl9.png .

The Following User Says Thank You to rickdesantis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nomad1600
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Wow, that does sound neat. I think my ROM has a way to program different light colors but it was never that interesting to me. But it sounds really interesting so I will check it out. One question... are they full notifications (eg the full email)?

Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S III running AICP 5.0 (retired phone: HTC Thunderbolt running InfectedROM NuSense Eternity); Nexus 7, HP TouchPad running Milaq CM11 nightly, Sony SmartWatch 2

ibi13x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How does it send the notification to the Smartwatch? Could you attach a picture showing it please?

Regards.

worwig
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It must only be in the pay app. The free app doesn't show it. I wouldn't buy this without a chance to test it out.

Oilersfan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I love when an app I bought and used to use adds functionality that compels me to re-install
The Following User Says Thank You to Oilersfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daddycruel
Old
(Last edited by daddycruel; 8th April 2014 at 04:44 PM.) Reason: Solved
Thanks Meter 12
I have paid LightFlow and I can't get it to work with sending notifications to SW2
Could anyone help me?

Edit: Had to re-install app

tangcla
Old
Thanks Meter 192
I started using Lightflow again after getting my SmartWatch - it seems to support all notifications, and extended Gmail notifications as well (which is great).
Is there a way of specifying notifications to be sent to the watch only when the screen is off?

tangcla
Old
Thanks Meter 192
@andrewpmoore - just wondering if you'd be able to provide LightFlow with detailed notifications from Gmail - with other apps that push notifications to the SmartWatch like Watchify, it's possible to push the contents of whole email on the smartwatch. Can Lightflow be set up to do this?