5,815,133 Members 38,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Voice Incoming Call Alerts - what do you use?

Tip us?

ElQuixote
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Google Voice Incoming Call Alerts - what do you use?

For those that use Google Voice as their primary number and one of the 3rd party apps for calls (Groove IP, Spare Phone, Talkatone, etc.) how do you get alerts for incoming calls on your watch? Specifically I've got an SW2 and use Spare Phone.

There seem to be plenty of apps that provide notifications for incoming calls to the dialer, but Spare Phone only provides a notification when a call is missed. I'd like to get the alert while the call is still ringing so that I can answer it. I'm assuming I may have to find some way to use Tasker to force a notification that will pop up on my watch, but I'm hoping there is already something out there.

TIA

ElQuixote
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElQuixote View Post
For those that use Google Voice as their primary number and one of the 3rd party apps for calls (Groove IP, Spare Phone, Talkatone, etc.) how do you get alerts for incoming calls on your watch? Specifically I've got an SW2 and use Spare Phone.

There seem to be plenty of apps that provide notifications for incoming calls to the dialer, but Spare Phone only provides a notification when a call is missed. I'd like to get the alert while the call is still ringing so that I can answer it. I'm assuming I may have to find some way to use Tasker to force a notification that will pop up on my watch, but I'm hoping there is already something out there.

TIA
With the recent integration of Google Voice into Hangouts the notification I was seeking is no longer needed as Hangouts sends a notification during incoming call.