[Q&A] [ROM] Lollipop_Xperia_C_B.2.16

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM] Lollipop_Xperia_C_B.2.16

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] Lollipop_Xperia_C_B.2.16. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

hero78119

Jan 19, 2015
Hi iSiddharth,

Thx again for your hardwork (also press the thx button below)
Just a stupid question: in previous kitkat post you said the ROM's kernel still remain 4.2 because don't have source code. So, is this Lollipop ROM the same situation? Or this one is indeed the native version of Lollipop on xc?

Inciszor

Dec 18, 2014
reset button is in here

Attachments

• reset-button-on-xperia-c.jpg
    reset-button-on-xperia-c.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 108

iSiddharth

Jul 20, 2014
Indore
itechnolearn.wordpress.com
Hi iSiddharth,

Thx again for your hardwork (also press the thx button below)
Just a stupid question: in previous kitkat post you said the ROM's kernel still remain 4.2 because don't have source code. So, is this Lollipop ROM the same situation? Or this one is indeed the native version of Lollipop on xc?

Unfortunately It's the same situation because we cannot flask custom kernel due to Locked Boot loader

tanius009

Jan 20, 2015
sorry i want ask something
if I should unlock the bootloader before installing this rom?
thanks

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Sorry i want ask something for you
if I should unlock the bootloader before installing this rom?

keerthirj8

May 14, 2014
lollipop xperia rom developers

i have a xperia c phone i guess ur not able to test the rom before publishing as you might not have a xperia c . i am ready to do any testing work u give me any time . i am ready to help u to develop with wat eva i can :) all the best

hero78119

Jan 19, 2015
Another question. With the lollipop ROM (or previous kitkat) on xc, could the apps with required version 4.4+ be installed? (ex: smartwatch relatives app). I love xc but sony makes me desperate without provide system upgrade...

seiferfury

Apr 19, 2014
Bug findings

OK here's what I found:

1. Massive battery drain bug is back (incorrect battery report bug, 25%-0%)
  2. Buttons in quick settings and widgets are sometimes not working (I've noticed this on screen orientation and mobile data, had to get to settings menu to change those)
  3. Xperia Keyboard typing calibration is all over the place (when I press backspace, L or P is sometimes pressed, when you press space, middle screen is mysteriously tapped sometimes. Have not experienced this on Lollipop keyboard, yet

Those being said, I'm on S1 boot version 2.14.J.2.13 (when I updated the ROM, S1 didn't get updated) . I'll try to flash again whem I get home but using S1 2.14.J.2.16

EDIT:
Found a new one:
  • Installed small apps lose their icon on restart ( but still installed).
Still on office, not re-flashing yet

Last edited:

seiferfury

Apr 19, 2014
Done reflashing

I'm done re-flashing, and an outdated S1 boot version seemed to be the cause. The first two problems (Battery drain and widget bug) have disappeared , but the Xperia keyboard problem is still there. The widget small app seems to be a problem on my part; since I installed it on SD card. I moved the apk's on /system and the problem went away.