Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 50,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Uninstall Facebook Chrome Gmail etc..will it brick ur Device

Tip us?

zensuke87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Uninstall Facebook Chrome Gmail etc..will it brick ur Device

Haiii just curious here...is there anyone have tried to uninstall preloaded apps like Facebook Chrome etc...because when there are update on Google Play automatically the update will store on device memory which i hate that when happened...and can we transfer the update into sd

YanOri
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensuke87 View Post
Haiii just curious here...is there anyone have tried to uninstall preloaded apps like Facebook Chrome etc...because when there are update on Google Play automatically the update will store on device memory which i hate that when happened...and can we transfer the update into sd
Third party apps - no problem. Core system apps like systemui etc, then it gets bricked.

Don't quote me on this but i guess you can transfer them (built in app - updates) via titanium backup, however, the app might start acting abnormal.
The Following User Says Thank You to YanOri For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhishekr700
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensuke87 View Post
no never ever....they are all installed for ur conveniennce and u can remove them as desired...but dont messs up with system apps...for safety keep a nandroid backup ready before messing with syatem apps...thanx;

Press Thanks If I Helped !!

DEVICE : SAMSUNG GALAXY Y [GT-S5360]
CURRENT ROM : REINCARNATION CM7.2
ROMS TESTED : JELLYBLAST V3 , NEMESIS ONE , CYANOGENMOD 9 , PUREKAT 2.0 , EVOLUTION X4 , HYPERION 8 GMREINCARNATION CM7.2
ROMS TO BE TESTED : JELLYNOID ,
SCRIPTS TESTED/USING : V6 SUPERCHARGER BLACKDOG EDITION , RT-MIXMANAGER,KICKASS KERNALISER
KERNELS TESTED : HELLS FUSION #50 , KURO KERNEL , BLACKREACTOR V5 , WHITEXP KERNEL
The Following User Says Thank You to abhishekr700 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zensuke87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok thanks guys...hopefully it won't bricked my phone

iSiddharth
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Uninstalling these apps won't brick your device but if you want to get rid of that auto update problem then
Go to PlayStore>>Settings>>Auto Update Apps>>Select the option "Do not Auto-Update Apps.....

Hit the Thanks button below if you I was able to Help you
The Following User Says Thank You to iSiddharth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]