Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case-mate Tough, plus chargin hole cut fit DK32

Tip us?

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Case-mate Tough, plus chargin hole cut fit DK32

Just wondering if anyone who has cut a hole out of their Case-Mate tough can confirm the DK32 can be used to charge the phone then 1 way or another?

It just depends on if it can work with the case-mate as to whether or not I buy a dock.

Thanks
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

HyperMalac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie175 View Post
Just wondering if anyone who has cut a hole out of their Case-Mate tough can confirm the DK32 can be used to charge the phone then 1 way or another?

It just depends on if it can work with the case-mate as to whether or not I buy a dock.

Thanks
I know that this doesn't answer your question, but someone already did the "dock hole cut" mod, although he doesn't mention if he uses a magnetic charging cable or a DK32 dock.
You should go HERE and ask for it, or just PM the member who did it.
The Long Story:

HTC BlueAngel (Qtek 9090) ---> HTC Magician (Qtek S100) ---> HTC Wizard (Qtek 9100) ---> HTC Universal (Qtek 9000) ---> Asus P525 (Pegasus) ---> HTC Trinity (P3600) ---> Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) ---> Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100) ---> Motorola Defy (MB525) ---> Sony Xperia GO (ST27i) ---> Samsung Galaxy SIII (I9300) ---> Sony Xperia Z1c (D5503) & Samsung Pocket Neo (S5310) ---> Who knows ?!

Sorry for my english, this isn't my native language.

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMalac View Post
I know that this doesn't answer your question, but someone already did the "dock hole cut" mod, although he doesn't mention if he uses a magnetic charging cable or a DK32 dock.
You should go HERE and ask for it, or just PM the member who did it.
Cheers mate, yeah I've already PMed him, however he has never had a dock to try it on. Cheers
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

Tittah
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=225

It didn't work for me. I haven't tried it with a magnetic charging cable yet.

Even if it would charge, the phone doesn't fit properly in the dock, not even with the spacers that are provide with the dock.

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tittah View Post
Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=225

It didn't work for me. I haven't tried it with a magnetic charging cable yet.

Even if it would charge, the phone doesn't fit properly in the dock, not even with the spacers that are provide with the dock.
Thanks that really disappointing news though, I cant handle messing about with the flap every time just to charge the phone