Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Another Magnetic Charger topic - Car navigation setup help

OP eresac

23rd November 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

133 posts
Well, after some mounths of usage of the phone, and some tests, I'm here searching for some help from your experience.
I'm looking for a way to properly use the Z1C as a GPS navigator, of course still managing calls via bluetooth headset.

Also driven by the informations collected here I've gone throuh some tests using magnetic charging port only, in order to save waterproofing (it's also musch more confortable).

I've tried both a USB magnetic charger cable and also a mini-USB magnetic charger adapter.
I always end up with the phone discharging with all navigators (i.e. waze, here).
I've tried several scenarios combining a couple of different car chargers, and different USB cables (with the adapter).
Same result: phone discharging.

If anyone has experienced a solution tha makes the phone charging with GPS car navigation, and BT connection, and making some calls, please give details (I understand quality could make the difference so the exact product would be nice).
I see vendors claiming high performace charging like magnetor-x, but don't if vould be ok with my use case.
Also, I use Z1C in landscape while driving, and a silicon case, so I'm not sure every cable/connector vould work.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Last edited by eresac; 23rd November 2014 at 10:33 AM.
25th November 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Check the output from the charger. It should be at least 1,2 Ah/ 1200 mAh to charge the battery. I use 2,1 Ah charger and I have no problems what so ever.
Last edited by Peeveli; 25th November 2014 at 01:49 AM.
25th November 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rochester, NH
Thanks Meter: 27

436 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've been using a cheap generic usb charger only rated for 400mAh and it manages to charge my phone while using gps navigation and speach-to-text operations. You may want to check that there isn't an app in the background draining your phone.

Or you could try to find a 2Ah/2000mAh charger.
29th November 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 23

46 posts
More
Workshop fine for me, using a standard old car charger plug and cheap magnetic usb cable. Phone charges quickly.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread