MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

personal review for alumina bumper and hacoa wood case

OP TD0711

30th August 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

36 posts
hi guys, as state above i had got my hands on these case from alumnia and hacoa. Both are exclusively sold in japan for the z1c. I have contacted the sellers if they would ship oversea but unfortunately they wont ship to where i am. But luckily my brother recently came over to visit the family from Japan so i asked him if could grasp them for me.
1. The alumina bumper case is a beautiful crafted aluminium bumper style cover. The workmanship is top notch and had full cut out for both charging port and usb. It came with minimal instruction and all in Japanese. So far i have no problem with the signal issue with wifi and cellular. It is my first ever metal bumper case so i can not compare to other brand out there but i am very please with the purchase. However due to its design, The bottom part of the phone is slightly more bulky compare to the top it might take some time to use to. and some edges are quite sharp (the top corners), gave abit of uncomfortable feeling while holding for a long period of time. The buttons are very tactile and easy to press especially the power and camera buttons are so much easy to use now. The volume keys might need some more force to press due to sony design (slightly raised for both end). So far it is a great product from alumina.

2. I was set my eyes on the alumina, until i came across this product from hacoa with their wooden product for gadgets and appliances. It looks very nice and solid in the hands. i can feel the wood grains and warm feel everytime i hold the phone. no problem for signal or functionality of the phone so far, however it is quite expensive for a snap in case. But considering the materiel and build quality, i would say i can justify the price.

Enough with mumble jumble words, here are some shots that i took with my ip4 (yes i know it is crap but cant access the z1c due to updating the firmware at this time).

That is all for now folks, have a good day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TD0711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 52

171 posts
More
Thumbs up
Great! Simply great. This case is top notch - they also have a dock for it. Very pricey, but hell it's beautiful!
Congrats and thank you for the review!
18th November 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag Lahti
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
More
I have my eye also on Alumina case,looks really good but is about 65e shipped to Finland BEFORE taxes :'( Think i will still order it just because i really really really want it!!

Lähetetty minun D5503 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
19th November 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

36 posts
you will not disappoint with this bumper hey. it gives the phone a new look and feel to it. it is pricey compare to other cheapo out there but it is made in japan with precision in mind somewhat justify the price. Enjoy my friend!
20th November 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 406

535 posts
More
Hi, has anyone got a link for where to get the alumina case? it looks fab
22nd November 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

36 posts
here you go my friend http://shop.alumania.net/ but i guess it is worth to email them to see what is the oversea shipping info@alumania.net , i had mine purchased from my brother who flew over to visit us from japan so i was not sure if they would ship outside of japan. Good luck and you will not be disapointed with their products
The Following User Says Thank You to TD0711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread