Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 44,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft Silicone/ Rubber case for Z1C

Tip us?

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Soft Silicone/ Rubber case for Z1C

My Z1C is arriving in the next day or so, I am trying to find a case for it.

My last 2 phones Nokia N8 and then xperia T I have used nice simple matt black soft black rubber cases which slip around the edges of the phone and gives a really nice grippy almost sticky feel to the phone, it also stops the phone slipping out of your pocket and gives a really great feel.

They are quite bulky, but give great protection I feel and feel great in the hand.

The problem is I cant find one for the Z1C? These used to be really popular style cases years ago, but now everything seems to be these shiney Gel type cases or hand plastic ones with a bit of rubber coating ontop which I have tried and really don't feel anywhere near as grippy in the hand.

Does anyone know where I will find a matt black silicone rubber case for the Z1C, or can anyone advise me on a better modern solution that will provide great "grippyness", I like a case that stops me dropping my phone over letting me drop it, but protects it when I do

Thanks very much
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

dougie175
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I presume these type of cases just don't exist anymore?

I bought myself a case-mate tough, seems like a nice case and fits great, but I cant use it as it just feels so slippery, I have resorted to putting my xperia t rubber case on my Z1C which despite not really fitting at all make the phone so much easier to use.

Any help anyone has would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Xperia T LT30p | ROM: Deodexed & Rooted 9.2.A.0.295 Android 4.3 | Bootloder Unlock: Yes

komedol
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie175 View Post
I presume these type of cases just don't exist anymore?

I bought myself a case-mate tough, seems like a nice case and fits great, but I cant use it as it just feels so slippery, I have resorted to putting my xperia t rubber case on my Z1C which despite not really fitting at all make the phone so much easier to use.

Any help anyone has would really be appreciated.

Thanks
You might want to check out these cases: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...57&postcount=3. Mind you, none of them has opening for the magnetic charging port.