[ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Search This thread

drbiggy

Jan 27, 2013
is it recommended to use the ota feature of this rom?
ord would that download a pac version that is not optimized for z1 compact?

D

Deleted member 4819888

Already knew that, but thanks for making the effort :)
is it recommended to use the ota feature of this rom?
ord would that download a pac version that is not optimized for z1 compact?
If you're using my optimised build then I'd recommend that you don't use ota, but if you use official nightlies then go right ahead :D

D

Deleted member 4819888

hi,

maybe it helps. for GNEX it seems it's working also RIL and data: "I tried disabling SELinux and recompiling as suggested by @aosp. Data on 3G now works, so I can confirm the problem is related with SELinux."

thank you.

Thanks for the info! @GethPrime is currently handling 5.0, so for further findings, please report them directly in his thread ;)

D

Deleted member 4819888

Could you specifie some optimisations that i would miss? I aprreciate the effort :)

sure, here are the things you'd lose:
1. GreatDevs kernel (you can restore it by flashing it later if you want)
2. Optimized toolchain for ROM (Sabermod). This gives arguably better performance.
3. TWRP recovery. That can also be flashed seperately
4. High touch sensitivity toggle in Settings->Languages & Input->High touch sensitivity

Other than that, OTAs and my customized builds are the same ;)

Reactions: drbiggy

notwigga

Aug 9, 2014
Odense
I am experiencing a bug in FauxSound. When i listen to music with spotify, and i pause the music and minimize spotify, then the FauxSound settings are reverted back to standard when i start the music again. I dont remember having this bug before, so i guess it has something to do with the new kernel :)

BokeB

Jul 31, 2014
I've noticed a bug. Systemui crashes after setting an alarm or switching sound profile from power menu. It occurs only one time after booting the phone. If it's crashed once it's working fine until next boot. I've attached a log. The reason for crash is the "updateicon" method. Tested with some themes and its still the same error. Only with original holo theme this is not happen. Any idea to fix this?

Attachments

• log.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
D

Deleted member 4819888

I am experiencing a bug in FauxSound. When i listen to music with spotify, and i pause the music and minimize spotify, then the FauxSound settings are reverted back to standard when i start the music again. I dont remember having this bug before, so i guess it has something to do with the new kernel :)

not sure how this is happening to you, but I just did what you said multiple times and the bug didn't happen. Also, Spotify can't really access FauxSound, so it might be another app that you have that triggers this :confused:
I've noticed a bug. Systemui crashes after setting an alarm or switching sound profile from power menu. It occurs only one time after booting the phone. If it's crashed once it's working fine until next boot. I've attached a log. The reason for crash is the "updateicon" method. Tested with some themes and its still the same error. Only with original holo theme this is not happen. Any idea to fix this?

This doesn't happen on my system, and I do use a different theme (Colorphobe). This could happen due to the specific themes you're using ;)

Reactions: notwigga

BokeB

Jul 31, 2014
Tried with colorphobe and the problem was the same. Tried some things to find out what the problem is. In the last step i cleared data of "designs". After reboot it seems to work. So if somebody has the same problem, just clear data of " designs" and problem is gone ? Thanks.

drbiggy

Jan 27, 2013
Hi, i flashed the latest nightly yesterday and i am now experiencing issues with magnetic charging. I get the charging animation but the battery % keep going down.
Anyone had that problem before ?

Heroxis

Dec 5, 2008
I have to reset (power + vol up) my phone like 5 times a day since the last two releases. I hooked it up to adb and read logcat while the problem occured. (screen stays black).

-----> pressing power button
I/PowerManagerService( 1266): Going to sleep by user request...
-----> pressing power button again
E/QCOM PowerHAL( 1266): Failed to acquire lock.
I/PowerManagerService( 1266): Waking up from sleep...
D/audio_hw_primary( 391): adev_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=off
V/msm8974_platform( 391): platform_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=off
V/msm8974_platform( 391): platform_set_parameters: exit with code(0)
D/audio_hw_extn( 391): audio_extn_set_anc_parameters: anc_enabled:0
E/audio_a2dp_hw( 391): adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null
I/WindowManager( 1266): Lock screen displayed!
D/DisplayPowerController( 1266): Unblocked screen on after 68203207 ms
D/audio_hw_primary( 391): adev_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=on
V/msm8974_platform( 391): platform_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=on
E/audio_a2dp_hw( 391): adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null
-----> letting screen timeout occure
I/PowerManagerService( 1266): Going to sleep due to screen timeout...
-----> pressing power button again
E/QCOM PowerHAL( 1266): Failed to acquire lock.
I/PowerManagerService( 1266): Waking up from sleep...
D/audio_hw_primary( 391): adev_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=off
V/msm8974_platform( 391): platform_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=off
I/WindowManager( 1266): Lock screen displayed!
D/DisplayPowerController( 1266): Unblocked screen on after 68271215 ms
D/audio_hw_primary( 391): adev_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=on
V/msm8974_platform( 391): platform_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=on

Reactions: BokeB and drbiggy
D

Deleted member 4819888

i can also confirm Heroxis problem, although it happened only twice to me in 2 days.

I have to reset (power + vol up) my phone like 5 times a day since the last two releases. I hooked it up to adb and read logcat while the problem occured. (screen stays black).
The logcat doesn't contain anything unusual. The same appears in my logcat when i lock/unlock the device.
Can you provide a kmsg? Maybe it's the kernel.
Also, were there any changes in any kernel parameters (governors, voltage etc..)?

drbiggy

Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

just wanted to say that my phone hard bricked yesterday.

After i had thatr magnetic charging issue i installed the "normal " new pac man nightly, and after a few hours my phone just wouldnt start up anymore.
No hard reset possible, no flash or fastboot mode possible. just a red blinking led when its at the wall charger.

I dont't blame your rom, but i don't know what happened so i just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

I sent my phone to sony, maybe i still get warranty. I will report back.

D

Deleted member 4819888

Hi,

just wanted to say that my phone hard bricked yesterday.

After i had thatr magnetic charging issue i installed the "normal " new pac man nightly, and after a few hours my phone just wouldnt start up anymore.
No hard reset possible, no flash or fastboot mode possible. just a red blinking led when its at the wall charger.

I dont't blame your rom, but i don't know what happened so i just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

I sent my phone to sony, maybe i still get warranty. I will report back.
So sorry to hear that :(
Thanks for the heads up too!
It'd also help if you describe the magnetic charger problem you mentioned, and also tell us if you made any changes to the kernel (overclock, undervolt etc..)
hi @oshmoun,

by any chance did you managed to fix the RIL and data connection for Z1c?
you need any help in testing something?

thanks.
Sorry i didn't have time to do anything lately (family issues), but from what i read, Krabappel is working on fixing this. He's much more experienced than me ;)

drbiggy

Jan 27, 2013
Well, the phone seemed to be charging ( saying it was charging etc) but percentage did not go up.
Using micro usb to charge worked well and resulted in a normal charging time.

No kernel modifications were made no over under cloking or volting.

Maybe i just got a bad device in the first place

D

Deleted member 4819888

Well, the phone seemed to be charging ( saying it was charging etc) but percentage did not go up.
Using micro usb to charge worked well and resulted in a normal charging time.

No kernel modifications were made no over under cloking or volting.

Maybe i just got a bad device in the first place

thanks for the explanation!
it does seem to be the device, but that still doesn't exclude the ROM and kernel from being the issue.
At least now people know what symptoms to look out for!
I'll post a warning at the top of the first post for people to see, thanks again!
and sorry again for your device, hopefully sony will give you an answer regarding the source of failure :fingers-crossed:

EDIT: done! warning in first post. I sure hope no one will report the same issue :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Header.png

WARNING
    for now, don't flash any builds after 10.4, because the kernel is not working correctly on them.
    To fix the issue, you can flash the boot.img from 10.4 in fastboot mode.

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UB][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1][AMAMI] PAC-ROM LP-MR1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    oshmoun
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-07-09
    Last Updated 2015-10-12
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    no! not everyone :laugh:

Oh, well prepare to be intrigued ;)

PAC 5.0
    the team is working on LP as best as they can, and is trying to get back all the beloved features :)
    Currently, PAC 5.0 runs on the device (mine :D) and I can't spot any hardware issues other than very small issues in the camera.
    Battery life is a bit.... disappointing I must say :(, I wish it's nothing that'll continue to be a problem with future updates :fingers-crossed:
    Oh, and it's absolutely smooooooth, all the animations are lagless, and it does have a lot of animations :eek:
    Let's hope the team lifts the ban on private builds soon, so I can post it here :highfive:

EDIT: I just noticed I used a lot of smilies, sorry!
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    just a proposal: do not post any L rom that is NOT ON PAR with the latest KK PAC ROM.;)
    it is not worth the reputation-damage just to have a L rom installed! :rolleyes:
    I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot better than KK when released ;) , but then again my logic includes LP being a big advantage [emoji14]
    Since I'm already writing guess it's time for an update!
    PAC LP is shaping up nicely. Right now the team is in the process of migrating device specific code from CM to own PAC repositories. That way you can expect more features when it comes to our device, even when using official nightlies and not custom builds :D.
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    New Build!

build 11.10 is upload! Get it before the boogey man gets it :p

Notable changes:
    fix to wifi autoconnect, where it wouldn't autoconnect correctly to a network once disconnected
    added customizable location tile.
    PAC Performance profiles now can additionally set a maximum GPU frequency

currently I'm trying to get this kernel to work on amami. If I get it working then I'll be sure to inform you :D
    D
    Deleted member 4819888
    Time for an update :D
    Not a build though :(
    Omar has been hard at work on merging pimped with mosh, and it's working pretty well. However, it needs more testing as to avoid any issues that may arise. Also, SaberMod toolchain has been updated to a new test version. I'm running a build based on it now. This also would need some testing.
    To summarize, right now new changes that will make your devices go vroooooom are being tested :D :p