What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][Custom][Privacy Guard][Leds][UB LB] D5503_14.4.A.0.108_latest

10th February 2015, 04:34 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 8

76 posts
Thumbs up Best rom, tiny issue
Hi all!

Still a very happy user of this ROM over here. I currently have a 55 day uptime and had even an even longer uptime before my last reboot so the last three to four months or so I have only restarted my phone once. Amazingly stable ROM munjeni!

Anyways, I have had a minor issue with Firefox for Android. When I switch internet connection in either direction between wifi and the mobile network, Firefox is usually unable to load pages until I restart it. I suspected an issue with DNS and used the app "Override DNS" to set it to always use OpenDNS server, which seems to solve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with Firefox on this ROM or perhaps the stock Sony ROM which it is based on?
The Following User Says Thank You to korpenkraxar For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd March 2015, 03:23 PM |#412  
Nürnberg
Thanks Meter: 32

67 posts
More
Wi-Fi Hotspot not working
Hello,

first I want to thank @munjeni for this great rom (again)!
I'm using it now since it came out, and although I normally do like to "ROM-surf", I stuck with this one because it's simply good, just working as intended.

But there's one small problem: When I try to use my phone as a WiFi-Hotspot, other devices cannot connect, no matter whether I have security (wpa2) enabled or not. The MAC address of the connecting device is shown in the wifi hotspot settings, with a line reading "sending IP adress" (or similar, I'm on a german handset) underneath, but it stays this way and the connecting device stops with the status "IP address gets received" (or similar).

Also I tried it with USB debugging enabled and disabled, without any changes.

I have uploaded the (shortened) logcat, in case that should help. I guess the lines
Code:
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431): Error! unhandled message{ when=-2ms what=147498 obj=Device: 
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  deviceAddress: 18:00:2d:f6:98:e9
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  primary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  secondary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wps: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  grpcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  devcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  status: 4
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wfdInfo: null target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
point to the problem, but I do not understand enough to make sense of it.

Maybe someone has a clue what's wrong? Are others experiencing the same problems?
Attached Files
File Type: log WiFi-Hotspot-LogCat.log - [Click for QR Code] (3.0 KB, 12 views)
9th March 2015, 04:38 PM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 11

52 posts
More
Hello there,

I'm considering to switching to this ROM while coming from a CM11 ROM.

Am i correct that i need to restore my phone to the Stock ROM first?
I have backed-up my TA etc... so i should be able to restore my phone completely.

Does this also mean that the camera will create better pictures? And that the FM Radio will work etc?

Thx in advance.
9th March 2015, 06:17 PM |#414  
Flag Gava, Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 97

674 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDex

Hello there,

I'm considering to switching to this ROM while coming from a CM11 ROM.

Am i correct that i need to restore my phone to the Stock ROM first?
I have backed-up my TA etc... so i should be able to restore my phone completely.

Does this also mean that the camera will create better pictures? And that the FM Radio will work etc?

Thx in advance.

I will answer yes to all

Restore stock ROM 108, then restore TA

And yes, fm radio works and pictures are better then cm

Regards
11th March 2015, 09:55 AM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 11

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridlack

I will answer yes to all

Restore stock ROM 108, then restore TA

And yes, fm radio works and pictures are better then cm

Regards

Thanks fridlack. I now have installed this ROM and installed Xposed with some mods which makes it very nice.
12th March 2015, 03:35 PM |#416  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 17,128

5,583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermaze

Hello,

first I want to thank @munjeni for this great rom (again)!
I'm using it now since it came out, and although I normally do like to "ROM-surf", I stuck with this one because it's simply good, just working as intended.

But there's one small problem: When I try to use my phone as a WiFi-Hotspot, other devices cannot connect, no matter whether I have security (wpa2) enabled or not. The MAC address of the connecting device is shown in the wifi hotspot settings, with a line reading "sending IP adress" (or similar, I'm on a german handset) underneath, but it stays this way and the connecting device stops with the status "IP address gets received" (or similar).

Also I tried it with USB debugging enabled and disabled, without any changes.

I have uploaded the (shortened) logcat, in case that should help. I guess the lines

Code:
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431): Error! unhandled message{ when=-2ms what=147498 obj=Device: 
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  deviceAddress: 18:00:2d:f6:98:e9
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  primary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  secondary type: null
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wps: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  grpcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  devcapab: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  status: 4
E/WifiStateMachine( 3431):  wfdInfo: null target=com.android.internal.util.StateMachine$SmHandler }
point to the problem, but I do not understand enough to make sense of it.

Maybe someone has a clue what's wrong? Are others experiencing the same problems?

Hi, logcat provided by you is not enought for debuging problem, you will need to give me more detailed log just for checking that out! Did you installed all updates for this rom?
Last edited by munjeni; 12th March 2015 at 03:48 PM.
17th March 2015, 01:34 AM |#417  
Thanks Meter: 7

164 posts
What version of Privacy Guard was intergrated into this as would like to use on different phone with different Rom on it?
24th March 2015, 06:33 PM |#418  

5,583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalghost

What version of Privacy Guard was intergrated into this as would like to use on different phone with different Rom on it?

Its from cm11 rom. You can not use privacy guard from our rom to other phones/roms since its not aplication, its port (mean smali...etc and everything need)!
15th April 2015, 03:36 PM |#419  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 22

97 posts
Hi Munjeni,

Will you cook a Lollipop ROM with Privacy Guard? I'm usung your ROM and it's awesome, except for Miracast, that should be now functioning in Lolipop.

Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ccris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:11 PM |#420  

5,583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccris

Hi Munjeni,

Will you cook a Lollipop ROM with Privacy Guard? I'm usung your ROM and it's awesome, except for Miracast, that should be now functioning in Lolipop.

Thanks!

Yes if possible! I don't tried cm12 and don't know if cm12 have privacy guard! If anybody have info than let me know please! Also this is first time for me using ART and I never decompiled any art related app so first I must learn some things related to the art before I go working in current lolipop rom. I allready have converted lolipop into flashable and going to put them to the git, will start working soon in lolipop

Edit:
Found this amazing info http://androidcommunity.com/cm12-won...uard-20150105/ so for sure I will bring it to the lolipop
Last edited by munjeni; Yesterday at 10:14 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to munjeni For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread