FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best / Most stable rom for battery life and daily usage Z1 Compact?

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By d4rk0n3, Junior Member on 27th April 2016, 08:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I'm looking for your suggestions on the best/most stable and battery efficient rom for this device, i've been on the release channel for CM12 but experiencing battery issues, my device is over 2 years old and i will swap the battery but i'm still looking for suggestions to what the most stable/battery efficient rom is now for this device, i am willing to downgrade (os version) if necessary, at this point i just want a really stable working phone, the honeymoon phase is over

thanks!

27th April 2016, 09:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This is what i get when i use it lightly.

With normal usage it's average 2-3 days.

Stock 4.4.4 with locked bootloader. All crapware freezed + some services i found useless also disabled. Lux brightness to keep screen relatively dim helps alot too. Couple of xposed mods and just make 100% sure nothing wakes phone up from deep sleep. Use HSPA /HSPA+, avoid LTE as it draws 2-5 times more power. Always prefere Wifi as it's most energy efficient.
These numbers should improve with new battrey and it is very stable. Last time i did reboot was previous year.
Last edited by New Folder; 27th April 2016 at 09:56 PM.
27th April 2016, 10:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
For me personally, CM11 (KitKat 4.4.4) is absolutely the best option for stability and battery life.

There's no ROM as solid as CM11 still...
The Following User Says Thank You to marsa47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marsa47 Ad-Free
28th April 2016, 07:12 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Folder

This is what i get when i use it lightly.

With normal usage it's average 2-3 days.

Stock 4.4.4 with locked bootloader. All crapware freezed + some services i found useless also disabled. Lux brightness to keep screen relatively dim helps alot too. Couple of xposed mods and just make 100% sure nothing wakes phone up from deep sleep. Use HSPA /HSPA+, avoid LTE as it draws 2-5 times more power. Always prefere Wifi as it's most energy efficient.
These numbers should improve with new battrey and it is very stable. Last time i did reboot was previous year.

wow that is crazy battery life compared to my z1 compact which barely makes it 1 day and that's only using it to listen to podcasts taking a few calls, i am on CM12 nightly updates channel, but i believe my battery is shot too which is why i am switching it out for a new one.

I am going to downgrade to CM11 Stable i guess as it seems to be the best way to stay away from sony's stock rom that i absolutely don't like.

Is this the ROM you recommend for CM11 : https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?ty...t&device=amami

Or is there any one else with possible security fixes you would recommend? Thanks!
Last edited by d4rk0n3; 28th April 2016 at 07:17 AM.
28th April 2016, 07:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk0n3

Is this the ROM you recommend for CM11 : https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?ty...t&device=amami

Or is there any one else with possible security fixes you would recommend? Thanks!

I'm personally happy with the battery life of cm12.1. Without heavy usage, it last 2-3 days for me.
Anyway, haven't tried myself, but there's a cm11 with security fixes in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf elot

Hi there,

just finished a new build. Besides the monthly Google security fixes, I also went through recent kernel patches and applied them since the CM11 branch of the Z1C kernel is not maintained anymore. So the changes include:

• April Google security patches
  • fix for CVE-2015-7550 (Kernel)
  • fix for CVE-2015-8785 (Kernel)
  • fix for CVE-2016-0723 (Kernel)
  • fix for CVE-2016-0774 (Kernel)
  • fix for CVE-2016-0821 (Kernel)
  • fix for buffer overflow in msm perf (Kernel)

You can download the build here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995316619

If you know of any other kernel CVE's, let me know and I'll include fixes in the next build.

Seeing as there's a bunch of patches I applied manually and since I don't run CM11 anymore, I'd appreciate a quick confirmation that the ROM still runs OK.

Best

28th April 2016, 08:04 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokurt815

I'm personally happy with the battery life of cm12.1. Without heavy usage, it last 2-3 days for me.
Anyway, haven't tried myself, but there's a cm11 with security fixes in this thread:

Thanks man,

I might stay on 12.1 for now until i've swapped my battery out to see how much of my issues is directly related to bad battery. If i don't get more then 1,5 days on the new battery i'll try that build, thanks for the tips everyone!
29th April 2016, 06:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm on CM 12.1 with some apps frozen and am getting around 3 days with light use, and mostly wifi for data connection. CM is very solid. I also remember the original stock Kit Kat being great, but the amount of crapware it brings along is unbelievable.

What I definitely DO NOT recommend: Resurrection Remix. I tried just for fun (and to check on Marshmallow) and it's a total disaster.
Last edited by eduardodfj; 30th April 2016 at 08:47 AM.
29th April 2016, 07:34 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardodfj

I'm on CM 12.1 with some apps frozen

which apps did you freeze?
29th April 2016, 07:38 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karamancho

which apps did you freeze?

Mail, Music, Browser, Calendar... I'm not using the standard ones coming with CM, so there they are. I realize there is probably no impact on performance or battery life, though. Anyway, I'd prefer that CM allows me to remove them.
29th April 2016, 08:05 PM |#10  
Flag Oradea
Thanks Meter: 328

Donate to Me
More
I use the latest MIUI for our device, and I can say, without any internet connection, only other daily stuff, like music, calls, messages, it takes me 2 days in once charge. With some occasional email checks or facebook checks, still almost 2 days.
Worth mentioning, that I had the battery discharge problem too and I sent my phone in for repairs, so my battery is literally new.
5th May 2016, 09:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
with stock LP and light user but with my smartwatch 3 all day BT connected and using Google FIt easily two days battery life (phone is almost 2 years in use now).
So, i'm happy with stock........
The Following User Says Thank You to fritsprive For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fritsprive Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)