Ask a question

No registration required

Flash Bleed issue and alternative fix

OP selimahis

9th July 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
As we now that our phones have flash bleed in SO(SuperOtomatic) mode. There is no bleed in Manual mode. Tonight I discovered someting new about this issue . I set super otomatic mode and i use flash, but there is no flash bleed on the taken picture. But in this case i set flash mode to toarch which is always on. If i set flash mode to auto, red eye or filled mode in the same picture with same low lights condition. There is flash bleed. But in toarch mode there is no flash bleed. Interesting...

As a result i use SO mode + Flash and the flash bleed fix. So we can understand that there is no problem with back plastic cover. So i believe that we can fix it by modding the stock cam app...

Can anybody mode this app 's flash on settings as when we use flash (not on and off always on for 5 sec). İf this happen we can fix this issue.

Thanks for reading... I am following XDA developers comments

Last edited by selimahis; 9th July 2014 at 02:21 AM.
10th July 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Comments Welcome !
10th July 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 80

707 posts
You didn't fix anything by changing the photo mode.
The auto mode tries to make the darks lighter this reinforcing the flash bleeding effect.
Unfortunately the flash bleeding effect on low light conditions is very real and hardware related.
10th July 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sichroteph

You didn't fix anything by changing the photo mode.
The auto mode tries to make the darks lighter this reinforcing the flash bleeding effect.
Unfortunately the flash bleeding effect on low light conditions is very real and hardware related.

i said I tried to take photos on low light condition but i only changed flash settings. If i set flash to torch mode there is no bleed. But other modes there is bleed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread