No registration required

[Q] Android L camera possibilities

OP iuno

2nd July 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

36 posts
Hi,
I didn't find information about this yet. I am new to Android but never intended to use stock, so I bought the Z1c and flashed CM11. The only thing I miss are video recordings with 60 or even 120 FPS, as possible with stock firmware. Now, please correct me, if I am wrong. AFAIU it is not easily possible to port the stock camera because of the dependency of Sony's framework (even if I don't understand the difficulties about this and why nobody did it yet?). If I understood correctly, the drivers extracted blobs from stock-ROM, so it not being able to record videos with high frame rates is not an issue of the camera driver but of the camera app. I also didn't find an alternative camera app providing this functionality.
I read that Android L will bring much more possibilities to the camera API, so apps could be able to 'get the full performance of image sensors', as I read in some news article. It will be possible to take RAW images as well as setting the exposure time, aperture, fps etc manually, even if the device manufacturer wants to limit these functions. Do you see maybe a possibility to get high-speed recording with Android L based CM(12?)?
Last edited by iuno; 2nd July 2014 at 02:18 PM.
2nd July 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 93

396 posts
/e: nevermind, did't read properly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread