No registration required

Backup/reset phone with broken screen when phone is locked

OP militiaOfDeath

24th August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
More
Screen got broken when I pulled the phone out of my pocket today and pressed the power-button to activate the screen (power button has been a bit strange, so I've had to push it quite hard every now and then to get any response). Now, since the screen doesn't respond to anything at all, and the phone is locked (w/ PIN), I can't use Sony PC companion to do a backup and factory reset before I hand the phone over to the store to either get a new / get it fixed.

Is there any way to do a backup of the internal memory card and then do a full wipe / factory reset?

It's not that important if I can't back up the phone; all images should be on my dropbox, but I'd like to do a factory reset / full wipe incl. internal memory before I hand the phone over to the store.

Got stock rom (newest for NO/scandinavia) w/ root, if that should matter at all.

If I remember correctly, USB debugging is enabled, but to use Sonys' software I must unlock the phone to back it up, which I can't atm.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by militiaOfDeath; 24th August 2014 at 10:45 PM.
25th August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

46 posts
More
Managed to reset the phone with Sony PC companion, so problem solved, but still curious; is there a way to do a backup of the internal memory in the same situation?
29th August 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 17

183 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by militiaOfDeath

Screen got broken when I pulled the phone out of my pocket today and pressed the power-button to activate the screen (power button has been a bit strange, so I've had to push it quite hard every now and then to get any response). Now, since the screen doesn't respond to anything at all, and the phone is locked (w/ PIN), I can't use Sony PC companion to do a backup and factory reset before I hand the phone over to the store to either get a new / get it fixed.

Is there any way to do a backup of the internal memory card and then do a full wipe / factory reset?

It's not that important if I can't back up the phone; all images should be on my dropbox, but I'd like to do a factory reset / full wipe incl. internal memory before I hand the phone over to the store.

Got stock rom (newest for NO/scandinavia) w/ root, if that should matter at all.

If I remember correctly, USB debugging is enabled, but to use Sonys' software I must unlock the phone to back it up, which I can't atm.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Check out an article I wrote recently. It may help you out. http://webanditstudio.com/recover-da...broken-screen/
3rd September 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

46 posts
More
Thanks for the tip. Seems like a smart solution, will definitely get one of those adapters. To late for this time around as I wiped all the data with Sony PC companion before handing the phone over to the service center, but might be useful for an eventual next time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, broken screen, factory reset
Previous Thread Next Thread