Post Reply

[Q] Clean Install

7th July 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
I am currently running the out of box version and facing battrey drain. Can someone pplease guide me on how to do a clean install. I dont want to root my phone.
7th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyman.tushar@gmail.com

I am currently running the out of box version and facing battrey drain. Can someone pplease guide me on how to do a clean install. I dont want to root my phone.

Start Sony PC Companion, select Support Zone and select update.
What you do is you reinstall the version that is already on your Phone, no root needed.
7th July 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanmachine

Start Sony PC Companion, select Support Zone and select update.
What you do is you reinstall the version that is already on your Phone, no root needed.

but some say that they did clean install.. wat is dat?
7th July 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Here =)
Thanks Meter: 2,403
 
7,310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyman.tushar@gmail.com

but some say that they did clean install.. wat is dat?

A reinstall wiping the whole Phone instead of just the system.
9th July 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
706 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Use flashtool and flash a ftf file. I use the last 4.4.4 rom (DE) and I think you will be more than happy with the battery.
One note though : rooting is not that painful (I used easy root v8) and very useful in a lot of occasion. There is absolutely no drawback on doing that and you can after remove all the pre-installed bloatware that drain a little your battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Compact Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank