Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,562 Members 53,824 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] gap between glass and edge of phone

Tip us?

Xentar712
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] gap between glass and edge of phone

After about a few days of owning this phone, I noticed that I have a gap between the glass and the top rim of my phone. I'm really noticing it now more than before because of the amount of dust that is building up. The gap isn't on any of the other three edges. Does anybody else have this issue?

I don't have a good way to snap a picture of my phone right now but it's really similar to this guy: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...es/td-p/704223

Not much response to his questions, which is why I'm asking.

SpiritBreak3r
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I too have the similar issue. But, If you look close enough(at right light), you can see the dust at the bottom gap as well. This dust doesn't seem to go even after a swim/wash. And this dust thing does bother me a lot sometimes.

Xentar712
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritBreak3r View Post
I too have the similar issue. But, If you look close enough(at right light), you can see the dust at the bottom gap as well. This dust doesn't seem to go even after a swim/wash. And this dust thing does bother me a lot sometimes.
I don't have any dust at the bottom since there isn't a gap. The top gap is about .75mm wide. Not huge by any means but big enough to notice. I almost feel it would be better if it were even all the way around. Dust on only one edge looks more obvious to me.