How do you get your phone to update to 4.4.4?

Search This thread

slannmage

Oct 30, 2012
I bought my phone handset only and unlocked, I'm from the UK and heard that 4.4.4 is out, yet I cannot download it. I remember having trouble getting the z1c to update to the version I'm currently on, I cannot remember what I had to do, but frigging Sony Companion even says it is up to date.

firestone9x

Jan 16, 2014
I bought my phone handset only and unlocked, I'm from the UK and heard that 4.4.4 is out, yet I cannot download it. I remember having trouble getting the z1c to update to the version I'm currently on, I cannot remember what I had to do, but frigging Sony Companion even says it is up to date.

Since your phone has an unlocked boot loader, it will have problems downloading the official phone updates released by Sony. You may have to manually flash 4.4.4 to your phone via some other third part software.

AlanJC

Nov 15, 2004
West Midlands
Since your phone has an unlocked boot loader, it will have problems downloading the official phone updates released by Sony. You may have to manually flash 4.4.4 to your phone via some other third part software.

He means unlocked to any networks, not bootloader unlocked.

I also bought a SIM free device in the UK and I haven't had the update either on the handset, or by plugging it into a PC. It is based on serial number, so the newer your device, the longer it will take to get the update. I bought mine in April.

emaeder

May 2, 2010
I got mine from Clove since the black model was available .. still no update.

updates are based on cust. numbers. i am thinking to flash it with flashtool to 4.4.4 and then just download the cust number ftf file when its out.

Hi Gjole,

Could you just help me a short step by step method "to flash it with flashtool to 4.4.4". Or send a link on how to do this.
I'm stuck on 4.4.2 (see my other thread yesterday in forum), so I could update but Sony give me a error message.
How could I get "cust number ftf file"?

Tks in advance.
Eric

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
Hi Gjole,

Could you just help me a short step by step method "to flash it with flashtool to 4.4.4". Or send a link on how to do this.
I'm stuck on 4.4.2 (see my other thread yesterday in forum), so I could update but Sony give me a error message.
How could I get "cust number ftf file"?

Tks in advance.
Eric

http://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/help/lb757-how-to-update-to-rooted-108-t2822957
Here is my guide#5 step by step if you still need it.