Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 42,894 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Immense battery drain on 4.4.4 by Media

Tip us?

konsi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Immense battery drain on 4.4.4 by Media

Well, I made the update on the new 108 firmware through Sony PC companion and have now this huge battery drain by this app. Look at the screens. Sorry for them being German, I was too lazy to change to English, I hope you can guess the important parts.
I once stopped the 4 processes of Media through gsam battery monitor, but after a recharge it's staying again active all the time. What can I do to correct this or what could I possibly have done wrong?

Ps: I'm rooted with locked bootloader.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404231707815.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	2827355   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404231717915.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2827356   Click image for larger version

Name:	1404231725874.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	2827357  

autobanned
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by konsi View Post
Well, I made the update on the new 108 firmware through Sony PC companion and have now this huge battery drain by this app. Look at the screens. Sorry for them being German, I was too lazy to change to English, I hope you can guess the important parts.
I once stopped the 4 processes of Media through gsam battery monitor, but after a recharge it's staying again active all the time. What can I do to correct this or what could I possibly have done wrong?

Ps: I'm rooted with locked bootloader.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app
do you have a lot media file like pic, song or video ?
media scan all media file in your internal and sdcard, and if there corrupt file, media app will stuck, this can cause media staying active all time,
or do you sync media file (like photo/video) on google+ or facebook? because if you have a lot media file and sync it, it could make media app stay active

konsi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes, I have 2500+ songs on the phone. But not many pics and only one big video. But there weren't any problems with the 757 firmware. The active processes are btw the downloads process and download manager. So media scan shouldn't be the problem.

mosespl
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Try to clean cache media app
The Following User Says Thank You to mosespl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

konsi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Did it. I think it's gone now. Thanks!